The Top 5 List Thread

Top five outlandish predictions I've read on Facebook about a Trump presidency:
  1. There will be a holocaust in which every single non-white and non-Christian person in the US is exterminated
  2. All the progress of the civil rights movements of the 20th century will be reversed
  3. People will be jailed for defacing the American flag
  4. There will be a new baby boom because abortion will become illegal
  5. Republicans will decide it's okay to say "n i g g e r" in public again within a year

Just noticed the Fates posting on the previous page. The correct ranking is:

1. The Spectre Within
2. A Pleasant Shade of Grey
3. Perfect Symmetry
4. Inside Out
5. Disconnected

Somewhere in the bottom three, along with the two new ones. One of the worst albums from an esteemed metal band in 1984, although still not bad, just really generic and bland with only three good/great songs.

Awaken the Guardian goes up and down for me quite a bit, but I've recently discovered that it's a surprisingly strong driving album, so it's probably #6 right now for me.

Inside Out gets a lot of shit for being a second-rate Parallels, and for a couple songs that's true, but the strong stuff easily makes up for it. Disconnected is Fates Warning doing a weird kind of dark electronic-tinged thing that's kinda alt rock-y but not really. I used to put it as high as #2 but for whatever reason I don't quite adore it anymore, but it still has a neat sound (although you'd probably hate it, very processed guitar tone and generally slick production) and a couple of their very best songs.

The album doesn't really have a single representative track (seven total, two are intro/outro, two are 10+ minute songs, and one is some kind of trance/metal hybrid). Here's the intro+opener, the chorus is actually pretty catchy and vaguely Maiden-y in an odd way (maybe just the bassline I dunno)

The best one is Still Remains, but it's 16 minutes long

Reactions: CiG
No, but if someone wants an example song before checking out an album, they might not want a song that's a third of the entire album's duration.

TOP 5 VOIVOD

1. Missing Sequences
2. Overreaction
3. Brain Scan
4. Forgotten in Space
5. Into My Hypercube

TOP 5 CORONER

1. Pale Sister
2. Serpent Moves
3. Last Entertainment
4. Mistress of Deception
5. Shifter