The Top 5 List Thread

I don't understand the point of watching people play Minecraft. It's one of the ultimate interactive experiences in gaming.

The very first Descent game kicked ass btw.

Top 5 Cattle Decapitation tracks

1. Kingdom of Tyrants
2. Regret & the Grave
3. To Serve Man
4. Lifestalker
5. A Living, Breathing Piece of Meat

Top 5 Contemporary (i.e. post-2000) SF films, w/ dominant theme:

1. Primer (time travel)
2. Ex Machina (artificial intelligence)
3. Children of Men (dystopian/post-apocalyptic)
4. Moon (isolation)
5. Europa Report (first contact)

Reactions: zabu of nΩd
1) the thing
2) dark star
3) they live
4) assault on precinct 13
5) big trouble in little china

still notably haven't seen: in the mouth of madness, prince of darkness, starman. haven't seen the fog in over ten years either. have you ever seen cigarette burns dude? it was a TV special but i know people who think it's one of his greatest and most unique creations.

Shit I want to make a list too but I haven't seen either Dark Star or Precinct 13 and they're in both your lists. Regardless;

1) The Thing
2) Escape from New York
3) They Live
4) In the Mouth of Madness
5) Big Trouble in Little China

John Carpenter has too much good work for me to make a top 5, brilliant director. He's like Stanley Kubrick or Francis Ford Coppola in that way for me, so many legendary movies, so much genius, too much to encapsulate in a top 5.

Reactions: CiG
Top 5 movies I've seen this year: (not released this year, obviously)

1. Blue Velvet
2. Lady Snowblood
3. Ran
4. Woman in the Dunes
5. Dark Star

Top 5 Ace Attorney games:

1. Ace Attorney 3
2. Ace Attorney 1
3. Ace Attorney Investigations 2
4. Ace Attorney 4
5. Ace Attorney Investigations

Great choice! I didn't consider it for my list mostly because I don't own it nor have I seen it in some time, but I loved that movie growing up.
I've seen it get mixed reactions over the years which to be honest I've never really understood. Its a full on horror/western action hybrid with some really inspired casting (Woods is so spot on it hurts and seriously, Laura Palmer in a Carpenter flick!), savage vampire action and some of Carpenter's finest direction/photography. The opening credits alone are jaw-dropping. When it first came out and played on premium cable I watched it all the time.