The Top 5 List Thread

I remember buying Wildhoney on CD when it came out in.....? 93? 94? And being totally disappointed. I still read today about how great that album is but..maybe Tiamat have better albums? Any recs or is it a case of if you didn't like that don't bother?

Their later albums are more goth rock-oriented, so I'm not sure that would be what you're looking for. I've only listened to one other album in its entirety besides Wildhoney, and that's the previous one, Clouds, which is death/doom at its core.

Reactions: Sirjack
Because I'm on a kick at the moment:

Top 5 Gabriel-era Genesis (Foxtrot heavy) songs:

1. Colony of Slippermen
2. Supper's Ready
3. Watcher of the Skies
4. Get 'em Out By Friday
5. The Fountain of Salmacis

Collins era:

1. Mama
2. Dance on a Volcano
3. Afterglow
4. Home By the Sea/Second Home By the Sea
5. Tonight, Tonight, Tonight

top 5 King Crimson songs

1. The Court of the Crimson King
2. Starless
3. Epitaph
4. Cirkus
5. Book of Saturday

Fuck, I failed to include Fallen Angel and Larks' Tongues in Aspic. Top 5 is too short list when it comes to King Crimson.

Top 5 King Crimson songs:

Frame by Frame
Elephant Talk
Neal and Jack and Me
Heartbeat
Sleepless

th

'starless', 'epitaph' and 'fallen angel' are my jams, but i have a lot of deaf spots with king crimson. i've been intimately familiar with their two biggest albums for over a decade and have acquainted myself with a couple others, but i'm yet to really explore their discog in depth.

I remember buying Wildhoney on CD when it came out in.....? 93? 94? And being totally disappointed. I still read today about how great that album is but..maybe Tiamat have better albums? Any recs or is it a case of if you didn't like that don't bother?

Sumerian Cry and The Astral Sleep are pretty much essential OSDM. If you like those then you should also look into the compilation material from what they did under the name Treblinka.

Reactions: CiG
My King Crimson would probably be something like

5. Dinosaur
4. Starless
3. Cirkus
2. One More Red Nightmare
1. Indiscipline

Anyway, 5 best Stephen King novels:
  • 'Salem's Lot
  • The Shining
  • The Stand
  • Skeleton Crew
  • Night Shift

1. Under the Dome
2. The Stand
3. Needful Things
4. 'Salem's Lot
5. The Eyes of the Dragon

My favorite kind of Stephen King novel is the kind where he just builds up a large cast and then lets chaos unfold for a thousand pages. He's written it a few times.

Reactions: CiG
I haven't read Under the Dome, but if the tv series is any indication it is waaay to similar to the comic book "Girls" by the Luna brothers. Boarderline rip off imo.