The Top 5 List Thread

My post was more motivated by the countless other asinine opinions you've expressed lately.
I don't care very much for any of their albums other than the First Daze Here anthology.

Hmmm. Who to side with...

Top 5 Grand Magus songs

1. Draksådd
2. Hammer of the North
3. Like the Oar Strikes the Water
4. Valhalla Rising / Mountains Be My Throne
5. Triumph and Power

Getting in on this. Awesome list by the way! The fact that a track from The Hunt is your number 1 pick (or if not in order, it's in your top 5) makes me really want to hurry up and buy that shit.

5 favourite Grand Magus songs, in order:
  • Silver Into Steel
  • I, Jury
  • Kingslayer
  • On Hooves Of Gold
  • Northern Star

Last edited:
"I got trolled to the point of a psychological break on a message board and now think everything I say is masterful trolling but I'm really just a sad fat man, please feed me a cheeseburger"

Says another fat man who has a job he hates and refuses to find another job

Getting in on this. Awesome list by the way! The fact that a track from The Hunt is your number 1 pick (or if not in order, it's in your top 5) makes me really want to hurry up and buy that shit.

• Silver Into Steel
  • I, Jury
  • Kingslayer
  • On Hooves Of Gold
  • Northern Star

My list was definitely in order. The Hunt is probably my second fav GM album after Hammer.

Reactions: CiG
Top 5 Ozzman posts:

1-5: The shortest ones
vIaBs.jpg

Top 5 Pentagram albums:

1-5: The shortest ones

3mQGzlN.jpg

Same fam. Shorter albums are usually the best. Many of the best albums seem to hover right around 47 +/- 1 minutes though.

Not directly related to album length, but I've always felt the ideal number of tracks on a full-length was 5. In the Court, Watching From a Distance, Saint Vitus, Mirage, etc. Less than 5 and the songs start to feel less like songs and more like suites.

I dont get much out of most grindcore when they blow through songs in 0:32. I guess I have a few exceptions like Frozen Corpse Stuffed With Dope but that shit is just insanity.

Top 5 best perfomances (of all bands I've seen live) that had the biggest impact on me:

1. Grand Magus / Clutch
2. Gojira
3. Dawn of Disease
4. Amon Amarth
5. Napalm Death

I'd go with

1. Permanent Waves
2. Hemispheres
3. Moving Pictures
4. Fly by Night
5. A Farewell to Kings

Something like that.

I'll have to think about NES songs, I have an autistic list of vidya soundtracks from various platforms but haven't picked out too many specific songs.

Top 5 Bathory albums:

1. Hammerheart
2. The Return...
3. Under the Sign of the Black Mark
4. Nordland I
5. Blood Fire Death

Man, it's hard to choose with this band.

As for favorite Rush albums

1. Hemispheres
2. Moving Pictures
3. Counterparts
4. 2112
5. Farewell to Kings

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft

• Silver Into Steel
  • I, Jury
  • Kingslayer
  • On Hooves Of Gold
  • Northern Star

Holy shit, I just saw your list. Silver Into Steel is really your fav GM song? I mean it's a good song, but your picks number 2 and 3 are much better. Well, after seeing them live my list is slightly altered it would be like this for me:

1. Mountains Be My Throne
2. Hammer of the North
3. Kingslayer
4. Varangian
5. Iron Will / Like the Oar Strikes the Water

Last edited:
Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
Holy shit, I just saw your list. Silver Into Steel is really your fav GM song? I mean it's a good song, but your picks number 2 and 3 are much butter. Well, after seeing them live my list is slightly altered it would be like this for me:

1. Mountains Be My Throne
2. Hammer of the North
3. Kingslayer
4. Varangian
5. Iron Will / Like the Oar Strikes the Water

Not surprising, you and I rarely see eye-to-eye on music. For example, Hammer Of The North is a fine enough album, but to have two tracks from it dominating the upper tier of your list is questionable to me. That album is mega cheese, rather entry level. Good tunes, but empty.