The Top 5 List Thread

These are not in any particular order ...

top 6 old school technical death metal bands

Death
Atheist
Nile
Decapitated
Suffocation
Cryptopsy

top 5 modern tech-death bands

Obscura
Spawn of Possesion
Pscyroptic
Gorod
Origin

Gorguts can be at the top of either of those two lists

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
Current big 5 live bands of modern thrash:

1. Vektor
2. Warbringer
3. Havok
4. Black Fast
5. Hatchet

I would include Hexen but they broke up. Exmortus is debatably thrash, but they would be #2 if considered thrash. Fueled by Fire doesn't tour enough. Violator never comes to the US.

Actually Vektor broke up. Hmm. Throw Exmortus in place of Vektor I guess

Last edited:
my top 5 modern thrash bands, in no particular order ... but the first three bands are better than the other two imo.

Hexen
Vektor
Warbringer
Exmortus
Witchaven

Fucking Matt Harvey needs to get to work on another Dekapitator album. I would have definitely put them up there but they havent released an album since '07 and their debut album came out in '99, so im not sure they belong.

Violator, Hatchet(first album is kind of ho-hum thrash) and Fueled By Fire(first album sucks balls) woul all make my top 10.

These are not in any particular order ...

top 6 old school technical death metal bands

Death
Atheist
Nile
Decapitated
Suffocation
Cryptopsy

top 5 modern tech-death bands

Obscura
Spawn of Possesion
Pscyroptic
Gorod
Origin

Gorguts can be at the top of either of those two lists

You used to have Gorguts logo embedded in your sig, didn't you?

yeah, you've been in there quite a few times(shit, youre in there right now). Don't act like you don't know. With all the ridiculous shit you spew out on a regular basis, im not surprised your not quoted in everyone's sigs.

Once you learn how to not be triggered 24/7 and not hold grudges. Aka, once you learn how to be an adult. ;)

Lol, i see it still stings. Yeah dont worry ... your snitch quote is going stay there forever.

yeah, you've been in there quite a few times(shit, your in there right now). Don't act like you don't know. Wiht all the ridiculus shit you spew out on a regular basis, im not surprised your not quoted in everyones sigs here.

Lol, i see it still stings. Yeah dont worry ... your snitch quote is going stay there forever.

"Forever."

Or until you ragequit again and your account is wiped from the forum. :lol:

"wiped from the forum" :lol: this just tells me i've hit home with you.

This is my forum more than it will ever be yours. I was here before you(before you were probably even listening to metal) and i'll till be here when you're long gone and your interest in metal has waned. And it will, since you know ... you're clearly a poser ;)

Just dont forget ...
giphy.gif

yeah, you've been in there quite a few times(shit, youre in there right now). Don't act like you don't know. With all the ridiculous shit you spew out on a regular basis, im not surprised your not quoted in everyone's sigs.

Sigs are kind of a waste of space for me, but you've inspired me

:lol: yeah, I always thought people were just fucking around with you ... lol, didnt take me long to figure out how wrong i was. I actually like it though ... def should not remove it. you too cassette, i liked the quote you had sig'd ... i liked it a lot actually.

hey dickbreath, link of that post please. I'd love to read through some of that old shit.

top 5 quotes/sigs

H.P. Lovecraft - You seem to keep confusing hair metal for glam metal.
CASSETTEISGOD - Sepultura are a death metal band.
HamburgerBoy - Hell Awaits is death metal
HamburgerBoy- Protest the Hero are technical thrash
HamburgerBoy- Obcura is nu-metal

honorable mentions to ....

CASSETTEISGOD - I reported his comment
internally deformed - Gorguts arent technical death metal
interanlly deformed - Obscura was inspired by Deicide.

I had another good one with ID's two ridiculous claims, but i cant seem to remember what it was.