The Top 5 List Thread

HamburgerBoy- Protest the Hero are technical thrash
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Your grudge against me ruins the quality of those lists dude because seriously my quotes aren't even that bad. I also said Sepultura were first wave or proto-death metal or whatever. (Which I recognise as death/thrash btw.)

Just like the first few Venom albums aren't much like second wave black metal at all, I also recognise that early Sepultura is not much like what death metal came to be...

... he actually comes close on a daily basis. But yeah, that's definitely one of his best ones. Surprised you hadn't heard it before though, its a pretty well known line/quote around here ... i'd even call it one of his classics.

He even mentioned it again a few months ago when i was gone.

Nah, you said they were "first wave of death metal".

Fair enough though, ill remove that one. You can rejoice now.

Indeed I did, I acknowledged that. I went on to point out that I view first wave and proto to be synonymous. For instance first wave black metal could also just be called proto-black metal.

But yeah, what I said, even from your pov, surely isn't as retarded as those other quotes. I'm more of a moderate dumbass.

I'd probably go

1. Where Eagles Dare
2. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
3. Killers
4. 22 Acacia Avenue
5. Alexander the Great

But they've got so many great songs. Cool to see some love for Flight of Icarus, I know it's not exactly one of their more obscure songs, but it seems to get the "Oh just a Maiden single, the epics are better" treatment even though the pacing and tension is fucking spine-chilling. People that say it's better live because it's faster are totally missing the point.

Cool to see some love for Flight of Icarus, I know it's not exactly one of their more obscure songs, but it seems to get the "Oh just a Maiden single, the epics are better" treatment even though the pacing and tension is fucking spine-chilling. People that say it's better live because it's faster are totally missing the point.
I agree! It's also one of my favorite Dickinson-performances!

Powerslave is a consistent album but it's really tough to choose one song off it. I'd probably go with either Rime or Flash of the Blade.

Top 5 Maiden? Stupidly hard subject but okay.

1. To Tame a Land
2. Aces High
3. Where Eagles Dare
4. Starblind
5. The Evil That Men Do

Honorable mentions; The Number of the Beast, The Prisoner, The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, The Clairvoyant, No Prayer for the Dying, The Thin Line Between Love and Hate.