The Top 5 List Thread

i think it's a typo, although i can't find any evidence to back that up atm.

people either seem to think 'free man' is totally incredible or one of the worst on the album in my experience. i guess it treads the line of sentimentality, it totally works for me though.

yeah, i always assumed as much, but you'd think they'd correct it on a reissue or something. maybe they have idk

i kind of regret not listing 'angel of death' now i'm listening to it. it used to be easy top 3 for me and then i went through a phase of not liking it so much, but it's sounding great to me right now. maybe not top 3 good but listworthy.

Last edited:
Top 5 films from 1980:
  1. The Blues Brothers
  2. The Empire Strikes Back
  3. Altered States
  4. The Long Good Friday
  5. The House on the Edge of the Park

Top 5 films from 1981:

1. Clash of the Titans
  2. Das Boot
  3. The Evil Dead
  4. Escape from New York
  5. Mad Max II

Top 5 films from 1982:

1. Conan the Barbarian
  2. Blade Runner
  3. The Thing
  4. First Blood
  5. 48 Hrs.

Top 5 films from 1983:
  1. Scarface
  2. National Lampoon's Vacation
  3. Rumble Fish
  4. Videodrome
  5. Bad Boys

Top 5 films from 1984:
  1. The Terminator
  2. Fear City
  3. Broadway Danny Rose
  4. Red Dawn
  5. Paris, Texas

Top 5 films from 1985:
  1. Commando
  2. Police Story
  3. Pale Rider
  4. Witness
  5. Code of Silence

Top 5 films from 1986:
  1. Aliens
  2. The Fly
  3. Platoon
  4. Cobra
  5. Raw Deal

Top 5 films from 1987:
  1. Bad Taste
  2. Predator
  3. Evil Dead II
  4. Withnail & I
  5. Lethal Weapon

Top 5 films from 1988:
  1. Above the Law
  2. Die Hard
  3. Red Heat
  4. They Live
  5. Gorillas in the Mist

Top 5 films from 1989:
  1. Meet the Feebles
  2. Violent Cop
  3. Tango & Cash
  4. The Punisher
  5. Vampire's Kiss

Angel Witch:

1. Sorcerers
2. Angel of Death/Devil's Tower
3. Angel Witch
4. White Witch
5. Atlantis

Free Man is second-from-bottom in my autistic song ranking list and I forget how it goes from memory. Confused, bottom on the list, has grown on me so Free Man might actually be the bottom song. Still have it at a 3.5/5 though, whole album is pretty damn great.

Court in the Act:

1. Into the Fire/Trial By Fire
2. Broken Treaties
3. Alone in the Dock
4. Blades of Steel
5. The Ritual

What's the definitive way to hear Baphomet and other early Angel Witch songs? There's a five minute version on YouTube that sounds decent but apparently the 1978 version is two minutes longer and there might be other stuff I don't know about. I haven't heard anything they've done prior to the S/T.

I did download their late 80s demos semi-recently and they have some surprisingly good songs, intense melodic thrash.

Reactions: Slayed Necros
Blade Runner bastardized the source material and attempted a dystopian detective film w/ a vague hint and question of "what is reality?" -- should go down as one of the largest failures of 'ol Scott.

The Thing is just perfection, in all the ways Blade Runner gets praise for depicting the universe, The Thing takes all elements and actually perfects them and creates the ultimate film experience. Sound, acting, special effects, story -- superb. One of the greatest films in the last 40 years.

First Blood is just cool and good which automatically makes it better than Blade Runner. And it's depiction of Vietnam was pre-Platoon and has tragically been forgotten as such. Superb.