The Top 5 List Thread

I've gotten back into anime too recently to really have a solid top 5, but from what I've seen over the last few years my top 5 would probably look something like...

1. Magica Madoka (minus the movie, fuck it)
2. Nichijou
3. Clannad/Afterstory
4. Slayers (would be #2 if the second half was as great as the first)
5. Amagi Brilliant Park

I'm watching Sketchbook: Full Colors really slowly though, one episode maybe every two months whenever I need a pick-me-up, by the time I finish I think it could go at least to 4th place.

Reactions: CiG
The best anime show is Azumanga Daioh (works much better as anime than manga) because it is genius.

The best anime movie is Appleseed (the 1988 version obv). Because Shirow rules and it was the first anime I watched, bought it on VHS way back. The Appleseed manga also rules (the first manga I bought too!). Totally not biased!

Appleseed and Ghost in the Shell are pretty good. My favorite animated version of Ghost in the Shell has to be Stand Alone Complex. It's a perfect blend of the manga and the movie's tone.

Reactions: CiG
Treblinka is #1 because it was a real death camp, not the concentration camp nonsense of Auschwitz.

And it gave name to a great metal band too.

Yeah, Treblinka has a great sound to it, I can just imagine some Slavic Jewish mother repeating it as an onomatopoeia of a children's mobile twinkling out of a nursery rhyme right before the gas chamber door locks shut.
That is pretty gruesome.

Top 5 Swordmaster songtitles:

1. Necronaut Psychout
2. Death Rider 2000
3. Doom at Motordome
4. Metalmorphosis
5. Firefall of the Fireball

I have no problem with anything in your post except Attack on Titan. Man, that show pissed me off.

Really? I loved the concept and marathoned it. It's one of the new shows that kept my interest and even now I want to know what's going on exactly. It is dramatic but I don't mind it on anime as much.

There's an anime on Netflix I've been enjoying called Ajin. It has this sorta supernatural horror vibe that really works