The Top 5 List Thread

I don't remember feeling a particularly strong connection to the Digimon themselves, but the first season of the anime was much better than Pokemon's. You think they beat the baddie and they've escape the digital world and all is good, then suddenly nope, the digital world is invading the real world and they're going door to door abducting families and cramming them into subways and shit preparing a literal holocaust for all humans.

Actually, Wizardmon was the sort-of-bad guy that had a thing for Gatomon and sacrificed his life to save the world right? I remember being pretty moved by that as a kid. He'd be one of my faves. I thought the giant skeleton Greymon with the nuke inside of him was hella cool as a kid too.

The reason I liked Digimon more than Pokemon because you could actually be friends with them like you could be to a human being. Skullgreymon is cool as well.

Top 5 Suikoden II stars of destiny (not counting main character):

1. Luc (fav character in all games, emo mages ftw)
2. Eilie (Main characters love interest, always a winner, you know, one of those characters you get all tingly about when you play <3)
3. Kasumi (The first games main characters love interest still works!)
4. Viktor/Flik (They are a basically a duo so they get one spot on the toplist and both rules so, awsome characters in every way)
5. Pesmerga (Not really anything special storywise but looks really cool and one of the best melee-chars, atleast if you don't bother grinding for maxstats)

Last edited:
Reactions: Talos of Atmora
"sees Luc at number 1 spot"

giphy.gif

Reactions: Vilden
etamon was the fucking best. how they made a monkey elvis seem that fucking malevolent i'll never know. the animé was better than pokémon mainly because it was less episodic and obvs aimed at older kids, although i do think pokémon had some amazing peak episodes in amongst all the nonsense.

did anyone else have the digimon tamagotchis? that was the height of the tamagotchi craze for me, the battles were badass.

I guess I'll do a top 5 favorite anime

1. Attack on Titan
2. Fullmetal Alchemist
3. Cowboy Bepop
4. Rurouni Kenshin
5. Tied between: Texhnolyze and Neon Genesis Evangelion

Top 5 favorite anime movies
1. Perfect Blue
2. Akira
3. Ninja Scroll
4. Princess Monokoe
5. Grave of the Fireflies

Top 5 things drivers need to not fucking do:

1. Speed past when there's a pedestrian on a crosswalk
2. Go too damn slow in the fast lane
3. Swerve through tiny openings between cars
4. Cut people off from trying to enter or exit the freeway
5. Leave late. This is probably the cause of most of the above issues, if people left 10 minutes earlier...

Reactions: CiG
I guess I'll do a top 5 favorite anime

1. Attack on Titan
2. Fullmetal Alchemist
3. Cowboy Bepop
4. Rurouni Kenshin
5. Tied between: Texhnolyze and Neon Genesis Evangelion

Top 5 favorite anime movies
1. Perfect Blue
2. Akira
3. Ninja Scroll
4. Princess Monokoe
5. Grave of the Fireflies

I have no problem with anything in your post except Attack on Titan. Man, that show pissed me off.

Top 5 things drivers need to not fucking do:

1. Speed past when there's a pedestrian on a crosswalk
2. Go too damn slow in the fast lane
3. Swerve through tiny openings between cars
4. Cut people off from trying to enter or exit the freeway
5. Leave late. This is probably the cause of most of the above issues, if people left 10 minutes earlier...
You forgot not taking the right on a red light.

^ This man knows what's best in life.

@Vegard Pompey Yeah, the show is honestly really overrated. It's overly dramatic to the point of annoyance, it's filled with godawful characters, the characters with potential are totally squandered and it devolved a decent dark fantasy concept that could have worked if the writing had been better.

Reactions: Internally Deformed
The best anime show is Azumanga Daioh (works much better as anime than manga) because it is genius.

The best anime movie is Appleseed (the 1988 version obv). Because Shirow rules and it was the first anime I watched, bought it on VHS way back. The Appleseed manga also rules (the first manga I bought too!). Totally not biased!

Reactions: CiG
I never understood anime, I just don't like the visual style. It's not bad but not my thing.

I do enjoy DBZ, the first two seasons of each of Pokemon and Yugioh though.