3. Jane Doe
4. Axe to Fall
5. When Forever Comes Crashing

Haven’t heard The Dusk in Us yet.

top five pop divas:
1. Madonna
2. Mariah Carey
3. Rihanna
4. Aaliyah (not sure if she fits really)
5. Selena

1. Madonna
2. Whitney Houston
3. Lady Gaga
4. Lana Del Rey
5. Britney Spears (hard to deny the sheer immense fun-ness and nostalgia of her first two albums which are filled with hits)

Delta Goodrem (I don't mind her early schmaltzy piano-pop in a nostalgic kind of way - the fake good girl theme of late 90's pop was hilarious)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dazed and Brutal
1. Madonna
2. Whitney Houston
3. Lady Gaga
4. Britney Spears (hard to deny the sheer immense fun-ness and nostalgia of her first two albums which are filled with hits)
5. Delta Goodrem (I don't mind her early schmaltzy piano-pop in a nostalgic kind of way - the fake good girl theme of late 90's pop was hilarious)

Solid! Totally slept on Whitney on my list. I'm going to have to check Delta out as well.

I feel like Lana counts, but Carly doesn't have a wide enough audience. I guess you could consider Debbie Harris to be the first punk diva. Loved her in videodrome!

Debbie Harry's solo career isn't really punk though. Hell, only really the earliest Blondie records could even be perceived as punk.

I might edit out someone for Lena.

Solid! Totally slept on Whitney on my list. I'm going to have to check Delta out as well.

You probably won't like Delta but yeah where's Whitney at!? ;)

1. Madonna
2. Whitney Houston
3. Lady Gaga
4. Lena Del Rey
5. Britney Spears (hard to deny the sheer immense fun-ness and nostalgia of her first two albums which are filled with hits)

Delta Goodrem (I don't mind her early schmaltzy piano-pop in a nostalgic kind of way - the fake good girl theme of late 90's pop was hilarious)

Adele doesn't get a top 5 ranking?

Debbie Harry's solo career isn't really punk though. Hell, only really the earliest Blondie records could even be perceived as punk.

I might edit out someone for Lena.
You probably won't like Delta but yeah where's Whitney at!? ;)

Yea I guess Debbie should count based on songs like Heart of Glass. She kind of falls in the same realm as Patti Smith where they're both icons of Punk without having much in the way of Punk songs.

No excuse for forgetting Whitney though.

edit: Isn't it Lana Del Ray?

For me that will always be what punk is so I guess that's why I'm confused. Whereas Blondie shifted blatantly into disco-influenced rock/pop, Patti Smith always kept that whole folksy urban punk rock thing well into the 90's.

Fair enough. I actually met Patti Smith at a show a year or so ago in Bushwick. She's starting to look more and more like Bobby Liebling everyday