The Top 5 List Thread

I didn't mean it as a definitive way of dividing movie eras, just a useful way based on my own tastes. If you were to combine any two of the adjacent periods I used, my top X list would be dominated by movies of the later period. It's a way of parsing out movies I admire from ones that give me more pleasure just because they're newer / more relateable.

In the case of 1900-1965, I just don't watch enough from that era to justify dividing it further for myself.

lol the fuck, so your response to me when I asked you was basically bullshit?

Top 5 episodes of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

1. The Gang Goes on Family Fight
2. The Nightman Cometh
3. Chardee MacDennis 2: Electric Boogaloo
4. The Gang Solves the Bathroom Problem
5. The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis
6. Charlie Work

(couldn't leave out Charlie Work)

Top 5 Sega Mega Drive/Genesis games I own:

1. Road Rash II
2. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
3. Cool Spot
4. Tiny Toon Adventures: ACME All-Stars
5. Taz in Escape from Mars (maybe not the most exciting gameplay but I like the style and the shrink/grow thing is genius)

HM to TaleSpin and Road Rash 3.

Top 5 things I'd like to do (or do more of) if I had more time
1. Software development (games or desktop applications mainly)
2. Make more noise music
3. Tinker with mathematics
4. Paint/draw art (including on the PC)
5. Bust nuts

Actually I have a bit of time, just prefer wasting it posting lists on forums instead. Things like travel are more about the money. Need to rake in the dough so I feel more comfortable splashing out rather than saving it for the longer picture.
Well at least I'm doing work on #5 :rofl:

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
I saw Total Recall just last weekend. Only other Verhoeven I've seen is Starship Troopers (one of my favorite movies), and I enjoyed TR's similarly over-the-top comedic quality. The set and costume design are cringeworthy, though. Was surprised to learn it was one of the most expensive movies of its time. They must have spent it all on Arnie.

RoboCop is near the top of my watchlist.

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG