the "translate please" thread

anyone has any idea how to say "to lose" in latin?
I am currently playing "Caesar IV" and i am losing 2 or 3 times every mission before i get it right, so i wanted to change a little the sentence "Ave Caesar, morituri te salutant" ...
:devil:

anyone has any idea how to say "to lose" in latin?
I am currently playing "Caesar IV" and i am losing 2 or 3 times every mission before i get it right, so i wanted to change a little the sentence "Ave Caesar, morituri te salutant" ...
:devil:

I think the infinitive form should be "perdere"..

yes, i wanted to cojugate the verb as "morituri" in "morituri te salutant". If you can tell me, thats great! thanks in advance !

"Morituri" is a particular form of the verb "morior" (future participle if I'm not wrong..) which is deponent; in this case it's impossible to conjugate "perdo" as deponent (deponent, in you remember, means that it's got just the passive form that works as if it was active)..tell me something more specifical..

I think she wants to say "Ave Caesar, those about to lose salute you", or something like that.

In this case it's just a question of substitution; " Ave Caesar, perdituri te salutant"..it should be the right sentence..

It is probably because you assume that they will get what you're talking about with only a few details on the subject, you feel like there is no need to explain the whole matter step by step. It happens to me :p

The only thing you can do about it is stop assuming and start explaining throughly, I'd say.

Although it might be absolutely not like that and I could be quite wrong. If that is the case, I just assumed it was like that.

It is probably because you assume that they will get what you're talking about with only a few details on the subject, you feel like there is no need to explain the whole matter step by step. It happens to me :p

The only thing you can do about it is stop assuming and start explaining throughly, I'd say.

Although it might be absolutely not like that and I could be quite wrong. If that is the case, I just assumed it was like that.

Thats probabily the case, it happened to me before anyway

I could not read all the previous pages of the therad, so here's my question: what about swedish and its difficulty/utility in the work field? Can someone tell me some basic grammar rule just to see how it works? I am thinking about an only 1 year exam next accademic (does this word exist?) year..