the "translate please" thread

i need to order something from a german site, but i can't make out a thing. the whole site is in german with no english option. if someone german can help me with translations and guidance on which buttons to push, please pm me or post here and i'll get back to you.

i need to order something from a german site, but i can't make out a thing. the whole site is in german with no english option. if someone german can help me with translations and guidance on which buttons to push, please pm me or post here and i'll get back to you.

I can help you!

since it's a nordic language i could possibly make some sense out of whatever it is. if it's reasonably short and you don't have any particular need of accuracy, that is.

Reality is that I had no particular requests..just wanted to see something written with sense! Anyway, thanks!

anyone who could help me out with some french titles?

Souvenirs d'un autre monde
1. Printemps emeraude
2. Souvenirs d’un autre monde
3. Les Iris
4. Ciel errant
5. Sur l’autre rive je t’attendrai
6. Tir Nan Og

a

Souvenirs d'un autre monde
1. Printemps emeraude
2. Souvenirs d’un autre monde
3. Les Iris
4. Ciel errant
5. Sur l’autre rive je t’attendrai
6. Tir Nan Og

I'm going to give it a try:

Recollections from another world

1. Emerald spring
2. Recollections from another world
3. The Irises
4. Wandering sky
5. I'll wait for you on the other side
6. Tir Nan Og

Wiki says it's a synonym for Avalon, though Ive never heard it before. It sounds a bit like bretonian to me.

I probably already asked, but are you the same Sarah as on the Plutonian Shores?

When I considered studying in France, a friend said that you were studying in Paris at that time and that I should ask for info and stuff.. I never went to Paris then, but I guess that's why I remember you ;)
I got to know Martin from NPS through a friend and we went to the SummerBreeze 2003 together.. pretty cool guy :)

So that's Martin who gave you the hint to ask me about studying in France ? Wow...
Never got news from him in a loooong time, but as i said already, i posted veeeeery little on the NPS thingy, i used to know Martin from the Blind Guardian forum, where i still am, a LOT actually :D

That's funny :D

I have a question for the italians on this board.

We were looking for ovens for the kitchen when I stumbled upon a brand called "Smeg". Now this is not a joke as can be seen here
For those who dont know, smeg is the white substance accumulating behind the foreskin when you dont wash your private parts.. so the question is pretty much, WTF? My liverpoolian friend said the company was italian, so.. does smeg mean the same in italian? I dont get it, where and why did anyone ever think this was a good name for a company, especially one producing kitchen equipment?

This is not a joke, I can go take photos if anyone isnt convinced

I have a question for the italians on this board.

We were looking for ovens for the kitchen when I stumbled upon a brand called "Smeg". Now this is not a joke as can be seen here
For those who dont know, smeg is the white substance accumulating behind the foreskin when you dont wash your private parts.. so the question is pretty much, WTF? My liverpoolian friend said the company was italian, so.. does smeg mean the same in italian? I dont get it, where and why did anyone ever think this was a good name for a company, especially one producing kitchen equipment?

Yeah, Display of Character is right: we call it "smegma" and I haven't seen it spelled "smeg" in English either... I suppose the unpleasantness remains, but not many people would make the connection - at least around here. It's much more likely that they inadvertently chose a name that was obviously silly to, say, a German-speaking person because they couldn't speak or even begin to fathom the German language. It's only stupid because they marketed it for a country where the similarity was so strong, I guess.

Also, as far as I know you're wrong about smegma being a sign of uncleanliness: in uncircumcised people, smegma protects the glans from bacteria. Excessive (i.e., noticeable) production is due to skin issues and alteration in the natural pH of the glans, which is also a side effect of too thorough cleaning and scrubbing in the shower.