The Ugly World Tour 2011

The Helsinki show was completely awesome: loved the new stage design, lighting, pyro, and of course, getting to hear the new songs. The guys seem to have found a renewed enthusiasm and were really enjoying themselves, especially Janne with his two keyboards! This tour should be hugely successful for them - can't wait to see them again in London :kickass:

The guys seem to have found a renewed enthusiasm and were really enjoying themselves, especially Janne with his two keyboards!

Second that. Would love to see them at summer. Jaska did mention that they might have one summer festival gig in Finland. Cant wait since I really want to see some pyros too (in a club gig no flames :( )

KISS, Motorhead and Anthrax are headlining anyways. I hope COB will play at least an hour in Montreal and I HOPE they'll come for the Ugly world tour.

I guess I'm going to have to look up some more information on them. It would be really cool if they had one in Vancouver as well. Although still not too close to me, it's at least within road trip distance. I wouldn't mind going to Montreal anyways, but the budget at the moment won't allow it.

Just got better from being sick just recently! Awesome, and I can't even say how thrilled I am right now, tomorrow night is the fuckin' night! (Fanboy-bell ringing again?)

Anyhow, going alone (as most of the time I go to see bands live ^^)

Setlist was something like this

Not My Funeral
Bodom Beach Terror
Needled 24/7
Roundtrip To Hell And Back

Living Dead Beat
Children Of Bodom
Hate Me
In Your Face
Ugly

Blooddrunk
Shovel Knockout

Angels Don't Kill
Follow the Reaper
Downfall
Was It Worth It

Hate Crew Deathroll

Thoughts on this:
Would have wanted to replace SK with Relentless or even Northpole! That's what I can think of at the moment. And also, not have placed WIWI between Downfall and HCDR, or not in the setlist at all when I came to think of it.

I thought everybody thinks that's one of their hottest songs atm, and you wouldn't even care hearing it lol.

Oh, did not mention why :) only because of Alexis struggle to play and so vocals properly at the same time. I'm not naggin' about it but it feels like it's missing out alot on such a track.

Oh, did not mention why :) only because of Alexis struggle to play and so vocals properly at the same time. I'm not naggin' about it but it feels like it's missing out alot on such a track.
So, how was the Stockholm gig? I wanted to go but I didn't want to go solo so I didn't buy any tickets... is it something that I now probably will regret? Because I have a feeling of it.

So, how was the Stockholm gig? I wanted to go but I didn't want to go solo so I didn't buy any tickets... is it something that I now probably will regret? Because I have a feeling of it.

The Stockholm gig was great. Why not? 3/4 time when I go and see bands I'm going solo. Never got the point of missing out on something that you really want to do or see just because the lack of intrest among your friends. =)

To make this short: Ensiferum was fuckin' great, just as I've imagined. And finally I got to see them. First time that they ever played in Sweden i think! (correct me if I'm wrong).

And now Bodom. Cob was great exept that something jammed up or I don't know. Anyhow, the result of it was, that after the soundcheck, and when the intro just was about to end and everyone had made in onto the stage, something happend to the soundboard/mixer/whatever. So nothing really happend when they started playin' the first track.

Apart from that it was hey-okey. Not as good as the first time I saw them, but nothing will ever beat that so. And Joonas: He actually managed to play SK what I heard atleast on this gig. So I change my mind then, would't have exchanged it for another track on that album ;)

Some pics from me:

s6kcwl.jpg

10z06bq.jpg

i5vmo8.jpg

ehhmrl.jpg

214w1s9.jpg

2h54e1j.jpg

And Joonas: He actually managed to play SK what I heard atleast on this gig. So I change my mind then, would't have exchanged it for another track on that album ;)

Well, usually the first few gigs aren't that good because they don't know the songs like the old stuff (you can rehearse a lot, but in front of a live audience while headbanging and stuff is always different)
Just like at the end of the tour they;ll probably be tired and less precise. Oh well, it'll be awesome regardless.