The Ugly World Tour 2011

In spinefram's FB they asked what songs you want to hear live in the UK !(with amon) so whoever is going and wants hes top songs to be in that setlist might wanna answer there them :)

If this is true, and they do change their setlist a bit (for the rest of the tour), I'm going to kill them (Spinefarm) if they swapped COB for an AYDY song.
And if it's only for the UK leg and they swap something like IYF for a Hatebreeder song, I'm gonna kill them as well.

I think the UK got enough love as it is with Amon as support and signing sessions.

But I doubt this will truly happen anyway. They have hardly any time to rehearse anything.

I'm going to kill them if they swapped COB for an AYDY song.
And if it's only for the UK leg and they swap something like IYF for a Hatebreeder song, I'm gonna kill them as well.

So from Hatebreeder they must particularly play COB and nothing else and from AYDY they must particularly play IYF and nothing else or you'll kill them. I hope they have a pen to write down your wishes!

Spinefarm deserves the punishment anyway. I got Wintersun's album and the fucking follow-up needs to be made. Spinefarm must get their best men on it now, or I'll kill them! Actually I won't but hey... threatening people on the internet sure makes me look like a badass.

So from Hatebreeder they must particularly play COB and nothing else and from AYDY they must particularly play IYF and nothing else or you'll kill them. I hope they have a pen to write down your wishes!

Actually what I was trying to say is that they should play more from the Hatebreeder album.
But I'm kinda confused by my own post there.. so let's just all ignore it.

If the day comes that COB play their final gig ever, they must end it with these songs after the encore, just replace the female vocals with guitar/key lead. Can you imagine the nostalgy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey,

For the french fans, the date for the concert at the Elysee Montmartre will be the same but the place will change. I'll post it when I'll know more.

Info for fans from Poland: I'm driving to Warsaw from Tychy/Katowice and I have a place in my car, so if anyone is interested send me a PM

If the day comes that COB play their final gig ever, they must end it with these songs after the encore, just replace the female vocals with guitar/key lead. Can you imagine the nostalgy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHZeXTsF500

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhE-SpnsCqg
I wish I had this:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-S7GbK2kx8&feature=related[/ame]

Anyone at the Manchester gig tonight? Also, after-party at Redeemer should be pretty cool - one of my friends is DJing :)

Yeah it was burned down some days ago because of electric issues. Good for us that won't happened during the gig :hotjump:

Just been to see the band in Manchester tonight! I was on Bodom's guestlist thanks to the guys at spinefarm!! Hung round with Roope for a while early on, he was telling me they were really unimpressed with the Norwich gig the night before as the fans where basically asleep! The gig tonight was awesome, the band were on top form especially Alexi! Almost everything was played to great standards. Waited around outside for the band, met Janne, Henkka, Jaska and Roope again. Unfortunately not Alexi, we waited for around an hour and in the end we just went to a bar! :) (Also I noticed the singer of Ensiferum seemed like an asshole, some young fans were waiting outside for him, Petri I think his name is and he refused to have pictures or give autographs to them or anyone)

Manchester gig was fucked up. You can hardly hear solos and some of them were poor. In the end they said that crowd was much better than the one in Norwich, I wonder if say the same shit in every performance? And If somebody was in another gig, can you compare it? Maybe it was bad because the venue(Machester academy) was really small and not suitable for metal type concert? I am pretty dissapointed, cause I love bodom so much:err: What you guys think about this gig?

The sound wasn't perfect but it was still good! And Manchester Academy TRUST ME is a huge venue compared to most of the others they play! And Alexi wasn't just saying "you guys are better than Norwich". I spoke to Roope for about an hour around 3-4 oclock. He was saying how bad the venue was and the crowd was terrible! I even spoke to K-man for a while outside and he commented saying he could tell the Norwich crowd were terrible by looking at Janne's face the whole gig.

1. Yes, they are usually saying the same stuff over and over (easily seen when watching clips of the same song on different dates) but it's about the music anyways.
2. Sound not being the best. That's unfortunate but nothing you can do about it. Size of the venue usually doesn't mean much. Some 200+ venues have shit sound while <1000 venues are perfect.
3. Norwich being worse or not. None of my business.
4. Petri always looked like a nice guy from my perspective. Oh well..

Just been to see the band in Manchester tonight! I was on Bodom's guestlist thanks to the guys at spinefarm!! Hung round with Roope for a while early on, he was telling me they were really unimpressed with the Norwich gig the night before as the fans where basically asleep! The gig tonight was awesome, the band were on top form especially Alexi! Almost everything was played to great standards. Waited around outside for the band, met Janne, Henkka, Jaska and Roope again. Unfortunately not Alexi, we waited for around an hour and in the end we just went to a bar! :) (Also I noticed the singer of Ensiferum seemed like an asshole, some young fans were waiting outside for him, Petri I think his name is and he refused to have pictures or give autographs to them or anyone)

Petri is fucking great man, he took some photos with me outside and he was pretty cool. And there was a lot of ppl there asking for photos with him and he didnt refused anything :s

How it was in Glasgow? What will be the best stop of this tour? I heard that Helsinki was awesome. I am planning to go to Warsaw or Madrid, what you guys think about these stops?

The Glasgow show was absolutely astounding. Supremecy were crap, but there were actually quite a few people singing along.

Ensiferum played perfectly and althought me and my 4 friends were the only people with warpaint and Ensi T-shirts, there was a lot of the crowd singing along. I was right at the front and centre-right for the entire show and there was a fuckload of eye contact between us and Ensi and CoB. My friend and drummer sang along to all of the songs (even ALL of Lai Lai Hei) and I sang to most of them, too. I was jizzing over Petri's pride for us. Most of the crowd was for Amon Amarth and there was even a little "JARI/WINTERSUN" chant before they came on, so I think they were mainly just playing for us, who'd come prepared and for them. They were all really nice guys and we got photos and autographs (mine from Petri was addressed to me, as well <3).

Like I said, Amon Amarth were, I reckon, the biggest (or slight second biggest) attraction there - there were a lot of death metal guys and viking guys, like us, there and SO MANY Marth T-shirts were being worn. They played perfectly and with a perfect setlist, balancing their greatest hits and the best songs off the new album. The crowd was insane and although I wasn't in the pits, you could feel them even right at the front. I got a picture with Johan and we also exchanged a lot of glances and points through the show. Awesome guy.

CoB's set was beautiful. They set up dangling cloth and had fans blowing them and stuff. It was awesome. The whole show felt like CRY, but with different songs. I dunno why, but the things Alexi said were nearly identical, but it was still fucking awesome. Roope's amp kept failing, so they had to take a 2/3 minute break in which they fixed the amp and Janne, Jaska and Allu played some Bon Jovi, which was tasty. I got Roope's autograph before the show (all of mine signings and pics were from before the show, actually).

I focussed a lot on Janne and Roope and got a lot of interaction with them both. Janne kept doing hand dances at me and I did them back :p Roope pointed right at me and I think he was pleased that I was actually paying most of my attention to him and his playing, rather than just staring at Alexi like the rest of the crowd.

All in all, the whole show was fantastic. Ensiferum were my favourite band there, because I like them the most and because I felt as though we were treated special for being the only tr00 Ensi fans there. But I really can't say anything bad about Marth or CoB - they both played amazingly and had near perfect sets.

Allu was like "WHO WANTS TO HEAR SOME OLD SCHOOL FUCKING CHILDREN OF BODOM?" and the crowd just erupted. Children of Bodom/Hate Me! medly and then FtR. I was like YEAH!

Seriously amazing show!

Also, I reckon we did sing HateCrew better than Manchester, too :p I reckon if he didn't mention that we had to beat England at it, the crowd wouldn't have sung half as loudly. But that's beacuse most of us scots (not me) are racist dickcunts :(

Honestly, though, a near perfect show and one that I will remember forevermore.