The Ugly World Tour 2011

Well, I was at show in Warsaw yesterday and I must say I'm pretty disappointed... First of all, the sound quality was terrible, Alexi's guitar and vocals and guitars were too silent compared to the rest. To be honest, the vocals aren't the most important and interesting thing, but come on, I couldn't hear them in some songs. Also they put some shit effect on them during "Was it worth it?" making them sound like some black metal squawk or something.
The thing that pissed me off was fact, that there were no individual solos between songs. I remember Stockholm DVD with Jaska's Deadbeats, Clash of the Booze Brothers and short Roope's solo. Tonight we didn't get even a single one, guys just came out, played what they had to play, then left. Maybe I'm too critical, but after ten years of waiting I expected a lot more than the routine they showed. Ensiferum was great though (talked with them, also got a poster with autographs), didn't make it to see MS.
Well, what do you expect man. It's their job, that's what they do for living, that's what earns em money. They probably had the same setlist from start and do you think it's so interesting to play the same songs over and over again for years? You gotta understand why you felt this way, what's the reason behind it. I also hope for some inbetween solo or something, but come on so many concerts and shit, it's not like they wanna do it every time ya know.

Of course it is, but on the other side Enisferum looked like they were really enjoying the show and did a lot of things to make the crowd feel like that too (visual contact, gestures and so on). The setlist also isn't an excuse, because noone forbids them to play stuff they play barely ever or didn't play at all before. To be honest it would be cool if they did. Don't get me wrong, it was really nice to see CoB live, but they didn't make me jizz in my pants like I thought they were going to.

Well, I was at show in Warsaw yesterday and I must say I'm pretty disappointed... First of all, the sound quality was terrible, Alexi's guitar and vocals and guitars were too silent compared to the rest. To be honest, the vocals aren't the most important and interesting thing, but come on, I couldn't hear them in some songs. Also they put some shit effect on them during "Was it worth it?" making them sound like some black metal squawk or something.
The thing that pissed me off was fact, that there were no individual solos between songs. I remember Stockholm DVD with Jaska's Deadbeats, Clash of the Booze Brothers and short Roope's solo. Tonight we didn't get even a single one, guys just came out, played what they had to play, then left. Maybe I'm too critical, but after ten years of waiting I expected a lot more than the routine they showed. Ensiferum was great though (talked with them, also got a poster with autographs), didn't make it to see MS.

That was for a DVD you know to make the artist money.,Going out play setlist from start to end is what bodom always does infact it's what every band does there wouldn't be enough time for all the songs if they dinked around for a while.It was just the venue,bodom had no control over the choice of venue and i'm not going to even start ripping on the sound guy.Often times a band has to play where venues are available,it sounds like you expected too much(You based your experience off a DvD).I saw bodom in september they were excellent and they were only supporting not headlining .The sound quality depends mostly on the venue and since bodom was doing a european tour they had to take whatever they could get.
Just wait a couple days and you'll look back in hindsight and realize it was a awesome concert.

Venue isn't great I must admit, but I've been there on other shows and there were no problems at all, also Ensiferum sounded much better than CoB yesterday. I don't know who was responsible for that, but he hadn't done his job well.

I wish the band would offer meet and greet pkgs of some sort for this tour.

They offered pkgs via artist arena during the Blooddrunk tour and was unable to fly in for the show in Toronto.

I am certainly open to paying for any ones that may be offered.

Hopefully luck is on my side for the upcoming Halifax show.

Well, and after Warsaw show.

First of all, it was kinda special - Janne's birthday. And as for the crowd - "you are having mosh pit even when we are not playing" 'nuff said.
Second thing - the sound wasn't perfect indeed, but what can you do? It sucks that ensiferum sounded better, though.

And about the CoB show itself. Maybe I was expecting too much - for almost nine years I love this band, so no wonder I wanted this (my first) show to be special. But even though it wasn't bad... It wasn't also nothing more. I mean, I always compare bands to my favorite band of all (both music wise, and especially live) - Behemoth. And sad true is that Nergal and c.o. obviously give so much more from themselves (after 20 years of band existance), that I'm left disappointed after this show. How can frontman of a metal band NOT sweat after 90 minutes of playing for fucks sake? It may sound childish, but I want guys on the stage to be as tired as the crowd, no matter how fucking huge stars they are. Have the energy. And even ensiferum had it, they were awesome even though I'm not huge fan. Honestly, their show was better.

So, to sum up - I'm glad I went there, no regrets of course, and I will go again probably. But I'm sadly forced to say that one of my two favorite bands is not great one live.

And they are indeed playing every time I die instead of Ugly.

^True, they looked bored to me, just go, play and go drinking.
And also band shop was small, even ensiferum's one was much bigger, first time i went to a concert and can't buy a tour t-shirt...

But anyway, first concer after ten years so it was worth to go.
Hope, they come back with another tour faster than after 10 years.

Well, and after Warsaw show.

First of all, it was kinda special - Janne's birthday. And as for the crowd - "you are having mosh pit even when we are not playing" 'nuff said.
Second thing - the sound wasn't perfect indeed, but what can you do? It sucks that ensiferum sounded better, though.

And about the CoB show itself. Maybe I was expecting too much - for almost nine years I love this band, so no wonder I wanted this (my first) show to be special. But even though it wasn't bad... It wasn't also nothing more. I mean, I always compare bands to my favorite band of all (both music wise, and especially live) - Behemoth. And sad true is that Nergal and c.o. obviously give so much more from themselves (after 20 years of band existance), that I'm left disappointed after this show. How can frontman of a metal band NOT sweat after 90 minutes of playing for fucks sake? It may sound childish, but I want guys on the stage to be as tired as the crowd, no matter how fucking huge stars they are. Have the energy. And even ensiferum had it, they were awesome even though I'm not huge fan. Honestly, their show was better.

So, to sum up - I'm glad I went there, no regrets of course, and I will go again probably. But I'm sadly forced to say that one of my two favorite bands is not great one live.

And they are indeed playing every time I die instead of Ugly.
Well you have to keep in mind alexi can't wear himself out considering most likely he has to play another gig the next day,as much i a naively think most metal bands really care about the fans they have to pace themselves so they don't burn out.

Some bands like to interact with the crowd others don't,quoting dave mustaine " do you want to hear me talk for the whole night or do you want to hear some heavy metal".If you've noticed alexi doesn't do much headbanging you see the occasional hairflip/toss when he's playing but nothing major it might just be his style.Playing the same songs for 90 minutes for 30 different cities can really take a toll on musicians so don't be surprised if they're not as enthusiastic while playing.

I'm seeing bodom on the north american tour i hope they don't keep swaping back and forth between ugly and everytime i die,it doesn't matter though they are both awesome songs :)

Some bands have more crowd interaction than others. Fact.

Some bands change up their setlist every night by rehearsing 20+ songs and playing 16 on a night.
Some bands ignore the setlist if the crowd is really, really demanding a certain song. Usually only in their hometown/country though.
Some bands thank the audience after every single song over and over and over and.. you get the point.
Some bands play music because (they think) that's what the crowd is coming for
Some bands which are getting bigger have less interaction than they did when they where smaller.

Really, it's different for every single band and every single tour and every single gig.
Right now CoB isn't the most interesting band in terms of crowd interaction, but from what I've heard, they play really good with almost no errors. That's worth something.

I'm 100% agree with you Kilon and In my opinion if a band have not much crowd interaction it doesn't mean they don't care about the audience.

BTW changing topic: 14 days left to Luxemburg show and 17 days left to Antwerpen show , can't wait :D

Some bands have more crowd interaction than others. Fact.

Some bands change up their setlist every night by rehearsing 20+ songs and playing 16 on a night.
Some bands ignore the setlist if the crowd is really, really demanding a certain song. Usually only in their hometown/country though.
Some bands thank the audience after every single song over and over and over and.. you get the point.
Some bands play music because (they think) that's what the crowd is coming for
Some bands which are getting bigger have less interaction than they did when they where smaller.

Really, it's different for every single band and every single tour and every single gig.
Right now CoB isn't the most interesting band in terms of crowd interaction, but from what I've heard, they play really good with almost no errors. That's worth something.
You are right, of course! Their playing was really good, and I enjoyed the gig. But with my high expectations I was left disapointed, thats all. I guess I can have such opinion, can't I?:)

You are right, of course! Their playing was really good, and I enjoyed the gig. But with my high expectations I was left disapointed, thats all. I guess I can have such opinion, can't I?:)

I would probably have been disappointed too, but I find it quite understandable, that a band which for the past 8 years has played about 200 shows per year, might not be able to arrange something special for every gig, and they might even become exhausted at some point.

After all, during their first years (when they did a lot less shows), COB was one of the fiercest live-bands I've ever seen.

Could someone post here setlist of Prague venue - all bands if possible?

I will post my video footage of the whoel concert !