The (Un)official write anything you want page

Had a small earthquake last night. It was the first one i've ever experienced and I never thought that i'd ever feel one. It was quite bizarre, especially when your whole house vibrates.

Carbonized said:
Had a small earthquake last night. It was the first one i've ever experienced and I never thought that i'd ever feel one. It was quite bizarre, especially when your whole house vibrates.

we had a ridiculous earthquake 4 years ago in my region. these vibrations made me suddenly awake, with a weird feeling that we were in danger, so I said to my boyfriend "hey, wtf ?! i'm sure it was an earthquake". he answered I only had have (?) one of those realistic dreams I'm used to experiment. but the news on radio confirmed my impression. strangest thing I've ever experimented !

Danalieshk, trying to be humoristic : no I didn't forget to turn my vibrator off :Smug:

Danalieshk said:
we had a ridiculous earthquake 4 years ago in my region. these vibrations made me suddenly awake, with a weird feeling that we were in danger, so I said to my boyfriend "hey, wtf ?! i'm sure it was an earthquake". he answered I only had have (?) one of those realistic dreams I'm used to experiment. but the news on radio confirmed my impression. strangest thing I've ever experimented !

Danalieshk, trying to be humoristic : no I didn't forget to turn my vibrator off :Smug:

I don't know how common they are in France, but i live in NC, USA and as far as i know they are extremely rare. I was really surprised and had a total "WTF was that?" moment. So i did a google search and indeed it was an earthquake about 30 miles from here i think in SC. I live right near the border of these 2 states...
Apparently we also had one last friday as well which i didn't know about since i was asleep and they both were small in magnitude. Something like 3.5 on the richter scale.

Wikipedia gives the following information for the earthquake we had :
30 septembre 2002 : 5,4. minor damage.

I used Altavista babelfish to translate a short explicative text :
"In Europe, compared with Greece or Turkey, the Metropolitan France is an area with average seismicity. The seisms are primarily surface there, their hearth is in the earth's crust. (...) One counts on average each year a score of seisms magnitude higher than 3.5 whereas several thousands are felt in the whole of the Mediterranean basin. Nevertheless, France underwent in the past of the destroying seisms which occurred on the own territory or in frontier areas."

I think there are mistakes but I hope you understand what it's said.

Guthrum said:
I can't see you working in a book store. Do you have to cover up your tattoos? :lol:

Haha, yea. An example of RC Tully vs. Real Life Tully, everyone in 'real life' has said 'Wow that is the perfect job for you!' hahah. I bet some here would agree actually, maybe.

Danalieshk said:
Wikipedia gives the following information for the earthquake we had :

...More stuff...

Yea i understand, decent sized quake you had. I looked up the biggest we've had in NC and it was in 1916(!) with a magnitude of 5.2. Not as bad as yours. It doesn't seem that there is usually a lot of seismic activity in this area. While it was kind of neat having an earthquake for the first time, it's not something i'd like to experience more often. It would become rather annoying i would think.

Danalieshk said:
oh really ? :p

Heh yes indeed :oops: I suppose that should have been a given but i thought i'd put it out there anyway :D

(and FINALLY, i couldn't reply to messages for a while until i decided to check my e-mail and there was a message from UM saying i needed to verify my account since i changed my e-mail. I wish i had of known sooner :erk:)

neal said:
naw, i worked at a borders, they like tattooed 'weird' lookin people. makes it seem like more of a bookstore/cafe or something i guess.
seconded. They're always the most annoying people that work there. You're actually not allowed to be normal at bookstores. Tully is the exception of course.....not that he's normal....I just meant.....ahh, fuck it

I went to quit one of my jobs once not relizing that it was April Fools day, and my manager did not beleive me. Then I started dancing about and telling all my co-workers I quit and that it was the greatest day of my life and then went home. I think she probably beleived me then.