The (Un)official write anything you want page

Nothing yet, but I'm thinking of having my PS2 sent to me from Ohio (and Guitar Hero:kickass: ) and I just wanted to be able to rent/buy games here. I heard from a friend that got a demo disc from Spain that it didn't work in his US system

Thanatopsis123 said:
I might be remembering incorrectly but I think somebody on this forum (RiA maybe?) tried modding their PS2 and destroyed several of them trying to do so.

The older models are fairly simple to modify yourself, just don't go at it like a barbarian. :heh:

The new slimline ones on the other hand are a pain in the ass, unless you're really good at the game "operation". If so you can buy ghost clips for a couple bucks that go over the sensor that relays the mssg to your ps2 that the cd top is open.

Whichever model you have, you'll need to use a swap magic version 3.6 disc (I believe) boot disc. This disc needs to be loaded up prior to every single time you play an imported game.

In the end I just coughed up 340 big ones for a universal ps2. Due not only in part that I freakishly fucked up 3 ps2's in a span of twenty-four hours, but for mainly that it becomes a pain in the ass to boot up the swap magic disc on an older ps2 with a shoddy lense.

Go here http://www.clearxbox.com/site/pages/cat_xbox.html

Also, it is actually "Per se"

Trylakos said:
Im curious about MP3 players.... How reliable are those big ipods (30gigs?) VS creative Zen and what are the prices?
DON'T BUY AN IPOD DON'T DO IT DON'T DO IT UNRELIABLE PIECE OF CRAP

no, i'm serious. my third ipod just died, and let me tell you it's not my third because i was so impressed with the product that i just had to get another. first one lasted about 4 months. second one about 3 months. the one that just died about 5 months. this is fucking insane. do not buy an ipod, just don't fucking do it. they are not in any way built to last so you might as well tack that extra $60 for the extended 2-year warranty on to the price because trust me brother, if you buy one you're damn well gonna need it.

cthulufhtagn said:
DON'T BUY AN IPOD DON'T DO IT DON'T DO IT UNRELIABLE PIECE OF CRAP

no, i'm serious. my third ipod just died, and let me tell you it's not my third because i was so impressed with the product that i just had to get another. first one lasted about 4 months. second one about 3 months. the one that just died about 5 months. this is fucking insane. do not buy an ipod, just don't fucking do it. they are not in any way built to last so you might as well tack that extra $60 for the extended 2-year warranty on to the price because trust me brother, if you buy one you're damn well gonna need it.

Flashback http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5109087&postcount=9