The (Un)official write anything you want page

Thanatopsis123 said:
:lol: Man I love that part.
Strange thing is people seem to seriously believe that Germany tries to ignore the Nazi era, while in fact the opposite is the case. We get fed with cruel details about the Holocaust and WWII starting from grade 5. Then enriched with more and more bloody details every year, so when we graduate from highschool, we're full of guilt for things not even our parents were part of, and sick and tired of the whole topic. Then you go abroad, meet new people, and first thing you get to hear is a Nazi joke. Funny. :Smug:

Sorry, but I'm sensitive about the whole issue. If you're German or Austrian, you have a different perspective.

snow2fall said:
Strange thing is people seem to seriously believe that Germany tries to ignore the Nazi era, while in fact the opposite is the case. We get fed with cruel details about the Holocaust and WWII starting from grade 5. Then enriched with more and more bloody details every year, so when we graduate from highschool, we're full of guilt for things not even our parents were part of, and sick and tired of the whole topic. Then you go abroad, meet new people, and first thing you get to hear is a Nazi joke. Funny. :Smug:

Sorry, but I'm sensitive about the whole issue. If you're German or Austrian, you have a different perspective.

Yeah, so I've heard. I had a psychology book or some such that had a picture taken shortly after the end of WWII of a little German boy being forced to look at a dead body. I always hated that picture, it made me feel like :mad: :ill: :(

Thank you smilies for helping me express myself.

I think the whole German audiovisual lansdcape has been overdoing it a little as well of late. While it's important not to lose the grasp of things even as the distance grows wider with each day past, I don't think we need a 100th nazi-era movie in 2005 alone or whole newspapers worth of 60-years commemorations of whatever camp liberation. At one point it's too much and no different than commercial hammering of whatever product is currently "in the wind". Bad enough that this movie "Sophie Scholl" was praised to heavens while being actually rather mediocre, i found.

Ellestin said:
I think the whole German audiovisual lansdcape has been overdoing it a little as well of late. While it's important not to lose the grasp of things even as the distance grows wider with each day past, I don't think we need a 100th nazi-era movie in 2005 alone or whole newspapers worth of 60-years commemorations of whatever camp liberation. At one point it's too much and no different than commercial hammering of whatever product is currently "in the wind". Bad enough that this movie "Sophie Scholl" was praised to heavens while being actually rather mediocre, i found.
what we need is WORLD WAR III so they'll have something new to make movies about

ya, we are neutral yet grant the nazis the right to travel through our country freely, all while standing with our backs turned, hands over ears, whistling merrily

lol @ andrew. what guy hasnt spent some time conjuring up ways to kill as many people as possible? thats got to be one of the best ive ever heard. my personal goal was to become "nuclear capable".
im over it now of course.

bah, if you must know. i was out in my yard sunday night, the yard light was out so it was really dark. all of a sudden i heard this rumble off to the side of me, then behind me, then to the other side of me. when i focused on it, it was 2 fucking pit bulls, an australian shephard i think, and some shitty mutt, just ripping apart one of my cats right in front of me.

i knew i couldn't get in the middle of it so i jumped into my mom's car, bruised the fuck out of my leg in the process, and just honked the horn like crazy til my dad came running out. of course it was too late. "big head" was dead.

the two pit bulls and the mutt were from the back yard behind us, they've been getting loose a lot lately. the shephard, dunno where it came from. about a month ago the same thing happened and two of our outdoor cats were killed. by two different pit bulls though. i have a feeling they belonged to our neighbor as well though.

my mom's a psycho when it comes to her animals. this was the second time this has happened so she was trying to leave the house with a gun to go shoot the dogs down. very stressful trying to keep her calm enough to not do something like that.

my dad had gone to the neighbor's house immediately after it happened but no one was home. then my mom and i went over and the dude's wife was there. she wouldn't answer her door for a while so my mom just stood out there screaming til she opened her door. she apologized and crap, about not being able to keep their dogs in the yard. bullshit. ye can't have dogs like that if you can't keep them up. ye just can't.

at this time the three dogs were wandering around their front yard. animal control came and took one of the pit bulls away. when he came, the two others ran off and were not caught, though they were back in their back yard yesterday. we can't have them hauled off though until they get loose again.

yah.

irresponsible pet owners are the worst. It's the shitty owners that give breeds like the pitbull and dobermann their bad rap. It's undeserved. A good owner will teach their dogs how to behave.

Sorry for your loss ct.

its a mexican thing. the owners of these dogs are mexican, plus we've got mexicans across the street with a new pit bull puppy. don't get me wrong, i love the beaners. but yeah.

2007361.gif
panchosG.jpg

Jean%20Mary%20and%20Harry.jpg

Thanatopsis123 said:
Thank you smilies for helping me express myself.
hahahahahaha oh man this is awesome.

Cara that freakin sucks. I hate people that refuse to control their animals.