The (Un)official write anything you want page

Just got home from seeing At The Gates (with Tyrant and Grand Magus). It was fucking awesome as expected. My neck is gonna hurt as fuck tomorrow.

Oh yeah? Well I just got back from the TN state fair.

*We went as a joke just to see funny stuff and right off, I saw a guy crash his motorized wheel chair into a cable runner. According to my friend's wife, he got up and pushed his wheelchair off the runner and went on his way but I was too busy laughing to see any of that part

Yeah, I am in Nashville. The metal scene isn't real big here as you can imagine. Cryptopsy came through here a few years ago. There might be the occasional metal show but I don't even bother looking for them anymore. Nashville isn't big enough to draw even big prog bands. The closest Progressive Nation came was Atlanta. Columbus, Ohio was the next closest show beyond that. Now, if you like country - and apparently alot of America does - then this is your place. Country is pure shit, imo.

My dad had a heart attack last night. Details are sketchy at this point but they put in a stint and he should be home tomorrow. WTF. Growing old and this mortality business...not sure I like it.

sorry to hear it man, hope everything is okay. i definitely know what you mean though, my grandmother has been in and out of surgery and the hostpital for like months. it just really, really sucks to hear about and see.

sorry about this shit Ars, hope he gets in good shape fast. My Grandma died last month of heart failure. And I sure hate hospitals as much as anyone I guess, the irony being that I've been more often at hospitals than at metal gigs of late. :erk:

I appreciate that yous guys. Sorry to hear about your grandmothers, as well.

I spoke to him a bit ago (he's in MN, I'm in OH) and he was joking around about it. Shortly thereafter a nurse came in to check on him and told him she was the one that used the paddles on him...which he didn't know had happened until that point. My sister said he teared up and just sat there. Apparently he hadn't realized how close to gone he was. Scary shit.

My family is fairly young because my grandmother had my mother when she was so young. I've never had a family member close to me die or even have anything too serious happen. Since I've gone 25 years of my life without experiencing anything of the sort, I'm afraid how badly I'll take it when something finally happens.

All the best to you and your father Mr. Magna.

My grandmother has essentially been on life support and non-responsive after a massive stroke that should probably have killed her.

I find it pretty ridiculous to keep her alive, I'm sure most of us have grieved her loss many times over by now. Seems like playing god, and a mockery of the natural order of the world.

I appreciate that yous guys. Sorry to hear about your grandmothers, as well.

I spoke to him a bit ago (he's in MN, I'm in OH) and he was joking around about it. Shortly thereafter a nurse came in to check on him and told him she was the one that used the paddles on him...which he didn't know had happened until that point. My sister said he teared up and just sat there. Apparently he hadn't realized how close to gone he was. Scary shit.

Hope your father recovers fully and soon! My father had a few major heart attacks back to back in April. Sounds like your father is as resilient as mine if he's joking a so soon. It is a really scary thing and honestly, a wakeup call. Because of my father's heart attacks my family now has plans in case the worst possible scenario takes place and we're all taking dietary precautions, etc. It's a blessing in disguise. Anyways, best of wishes to you and yours.

My dad had stints put in his heart, but caught it before it became a big problem. Right after the surgery he asked the nurse when if he could go have a cigarette.