The (Un)official write anything you want page

husband-2.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, I have to hand it to anyone who is doing something other than what I'm doing - even if it is mediocre music.
I spend every day off I have attempting (and failing miserably for various reasons) to bring my 1964 home up to date.
My personal favourite was realizing it was built ONE YEAR before code required modern 2-wire plus ground Romex to be in all new installations. I probably have the last house built in America without ground wires.

I feel your pain. My house is pretty much on the mark ONE HUNDRED YEARS OLD. The last gem was a tear in the chimney pipe, which caused water to flow into the walls and under the floor. Put me back a whole month's wager... :(

The apartment building I live in here was built in 1914 but seems to do just fine. That said, its interesting to see where new fangled shit like central heating and plumbing were built in afterwards.

I feel your pain. My house is pretty much on the mark ONE HUNDRED YEARS OLD. The last gem was a tear in the chimney pipe, which caused water to flow into the walls and under the floor. Put me back a whole month's wager... :(

Oh my god... I understand your pain as well, sir. We have wicked shitty drains in my bathroom upstairs. One time I left the water running in the sink when I got a phone call and I came back upstairs after like 20 minutes to open the bathroom door and have water come splashing out at me sort of like in The Shining. I put like a million towels over it and thought that I had subdued the flood, but I was horribly mistaken. When I approached the stairs to go back down, I could hear what sounded like a shower running downstairs (we dont have a shower downstairs), and I ran down to find that the water was literally showering down from the ceiling in like 3 or 4 rooms. Luckily there was no serious damage and we got to repair the paint, but my parents were piiiissssssssseed.

(and i dont blame them)

im back after three days with no power. its amazing how reliant we are on electricity. funny thing is, kids were playing outside the whole time and neighbors were talking and grilling food outside. now we'll go back to saying hello at the mailbox.

house survived just fine. no damage. but man, things are crazy as fuck here.

things are still nuts. gas lines are fucking crazy. luckily lowes provides us with 5 gallons of gas per day because the gov't deems us a "priority retailer".

but man, people were literally elbowing eachother for generators, gas cans, charcoal, batteries, window units, etc.

i personally want to thank dorian and his tax dollars. i bought a generator for about $600, and FEMA will be reimbursing me for it. Thank you, dorian.

:lol: ... told you not to procrastinate on that speaker system nurse ... could have been a write-off

good to see you safe and sound J.

i personally want to thank dorian and his tax dollars. i bought a generator for about $600, and FEMA will be reimbursing me for it. Thank you, dorian.

No problem!

Funny though, how I plan on buying a generator before disaster strikes and I get to pay full retail price for it. A mistake on my part apparently.