The (Un)official write anything you want page

"A word of caution. Ordinarily, a film review submitted for general perusal would not be so laden with names, facts and plot points. Please don't worry about spoilers; everything I am about to impart to you occurs well within the first 20 minutes of The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest, the final cinematic dispatch from the Lisbeth Salander dossier. Nevertheless, forces are mobilizing to ensure this information never sees the light of day. And so I must forgo protocols and cast this knowledge into the void. The vicious truth must be revealed! For purposes of eluding detection, I have included some "false facts," which I invite you to suss out in the course of your investigation.

Picking up immediately from a cliffhanger in The Girl Who Played With Fire, the second film in the "Millennium" trilogy, Hornets' Nest begins with antisocial punkette-hacker-autist Lisbeth Salander (Noomi Rapace) recovering from brain surgery to remove a bullet. Elsewhere, in the same Swedish hospital, lies her ex-Soviet mercenary dad, Alexander Zalachenko (Georgi Staykov), whose hair she just parted with an ax. Upon recovery, Salander will face triple-murder charges — unless her old friend, investigative reporter Mikael Blomkvist (Michael Nyqvist) works overtime to clear her name.

To do so, he must use a massive secret psych file, obtained through illicit means, called the Björck Report. (It involves neither Lars von Trier nor a swan.) Meanwhile, deep in their underground fortresses of doom — no, this is not the made-up part — the old Swedish men in suits who represent Evil Inc. are busy trying to lock up Lisbeth in St. Stephen's, a mental hospital that makes the joint in Shutter Island look like the Dubai Ritz-Carlton. To accomplish this, they must set about destroying all existing copies of the report — preferably in the manner of Scary Gentleman No. 3, who is seen early in the film ceremoniously throwing the report into the fireplace, one page at a time.

Mwa-ha-ha! Alas, there's a complication, because Zalachenko's henchman Ronald Niedermann (Micke Spreitz) is on the loose and unaccounted for. He's a wild card, and this worries the Underground League of Old Swedish Men. Did we mention that he also happens to be Lisbeth's half-brother? No matter. These are men who will stop at nothing, because in the words of their leader, a man with the somewhat presidential moniker of Fredrik Clinton, "We do what the others don't dare to. Least of all the politicians."

Then come the hell-bent biker gang, the phantom hacker and the sibling snipers dispatched by the Spies of the Great Patriarchy. But they haven't counted on Salander and Blomkvist teaming up with rock musician / master safecracker Blïster Holmstaedt (Yngwie Malmsteen), who discovers a 19th century arpeggio pattern in which Zalachenko's billionaire father encoded the coordinates for a hidden radar signal — which, when tuned to the proper frequency, can activate a dormant chip in the cerebral cortex of all living Salander women, allowing them access to total sensory recall. During the climactic courtroom sequence, the still-recovering Lisbeth is able to provide not only startling testimony on her own behalf, but also damning memories about how the presiding judge in the case, the Hon. Ivor Herbstschnitt (Hans Blix), actually molested 7-year-old Lisbeth's hamster during a family game of Parcheesi."

Hee hee

So fucking beautiful it is outside tonight. Strongest full moon in ages gliding across a clear night sky whilst snow covers the northlands. If this was a bunch of years ago (or if I didn't have kids sleeping at home) I would be walking around in the woods right now and feel ancient+awesome.

"A word of caution. Ordinarily, a film review submitted for general perusal would not be so laden with names, facts and plot points. Please don't worry about spoilers; everything I am about to impart to you occurs well within the first 20 minutes of The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest, the final cinematic dispatch from the Lisbeth Salander dossier. Nevertheless, forces are mobilizing to ensure this information never sees the light of day. And so I must forgo protocols and cast this knowledge into the void. The vicious truth must be revealed! For purposes of eluding detection, I have included some "false facts," which I invite you to suss out in the course of your investigation.

Picking up immediately from a cliffhanger in The Girl Who Played With Fire, the second film in the "Millennium" trilogy, Hornets' Nest begins with antisocial punkette-hacker-autist Lisbeth Salander (Noomi Rapace) recovering from brain surgery to remove a bullet. Elsewhere, in the same Swedish hospital, lies her ex-Soviet mercenary dad, Alexander Zalachenko (Georgi Staykov), whose hair she just parted with an ax. Upon recovery, Salander will face triple-murder charges — unless her old friend, investigative reporter Mikael Blomkvist (Michael Nyqvist) works overtime to clear her name.

To do so, he must use a massive secret psych file, obtained through illicit means, called the Björck Report. (It involves neither Lars von Trier nor a swan.) Meanwhile, deep in their underground fortresses of doom — no, this is not the made-up part — the old Swedish men in suits who represent Evil Inc. are busy trying to lock up Lisbeth in St. Stephen's, a mental hospital that makes the joint in Shutter Island look like the Dubai Ritz-Carlton. To accomplish this, they must set about destroying all existing copies of the report — preferably in the manner of Scary Gentleman No. 3, who is seen early in the film ceremoniously throwing the report into the fireplace, one page at a time.

Mwa-ha-ha! Alas, there's a complication, because Zalachenko's henchman Ronald Niedermann (Micke Spreitz) is on the loose and unaccounted for. He's a wild card, and this worries the Underground League of Old Swedish Men. Did we mention that he also happens to be Lisbeth's half-brother? No matter. These are men who will stop at nothing, because in the words of their leader, a man with the somewhat presidential moniker of Fredrik Clinton, "We do what the others don't dare to. Least of all the politicians."

Then come the hell-bent biker gang, the phantom hacker and the sibling snipers dispatched by the Spies of the Great Patriarchy. But they haven't counted on Salander and Blomkvist teaming up with rock musician / master safecracker Blïster Holmstaedt (Yngwie Malmsteen), who discovers a 19th century arpeggio pattern in which Zalachenko's billionaire father encoded the coordinates for a hidden radar signal — which, when tuned to the proper frequency, can activate a dormant chip in the cerebral cortex of all living Salander women, allowing them access to total sensory recall. During the climactic courtroom sequence, the still-recovering Lisbeth is able to provide not only startling testimony on her own behalf, but also damning memories about how the presiding judge in the case, the Hon. Ivor Herbstschnitt (Hans Blix), actually molested 7-year-old Lisbeth's hamster during a family game of Parcheesi."

Hee hee

:Spam:

Anybody know a reliable place to get a no-cd crack for Rome Total War? My drive on this laptop hasn't been the most reliable thing recently so I only want to use it when I absolutely must. Any good place to get a crack for the game? I don't want to end up getting a bunch of spyware shit.

I can't help wanting to se Metallica live one day, but I'm 100% certain that I would be disappointed and hate it so I might as well skip it altogether and just pretend the 90s never happened. It's better that way.

They were actually really quite good. I went in with no real expectations at all, was just going cos, y'know, it's Metallica, but the show was really good. Started off with a real cool laser show and the light/pyrotechnic aspect of the show did look real good throughout.

Setlist was as follows:

That Was Just Your Life
Fuel
Disposable Heroes
The Thing That Should Not Be
Fade to Black
Of Wolf and Man
Leper Messiah
Sad But True
Unforgiven III
Call of Ktulu
One
Master of Puppets
Fight Fire With Fire
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman

Die, Die, Die My Darling
Trapped Under Ice
Seek and Destroy

The majority of the set was enjoyable. Unforgiven III was dismally boring. Enter Sandman, Fuel and Sad But True were just.. meh, but all the old songs were played well, with the energy you want from them. A much better performance than when I saw them 6 years ago.

Anybody know a reliable place to get a no-cd crack for Rome Total War? My drive on this laptop hasn't been the most reliable thing recently so I only want to use it when I absolutely must. Any good place to get a crack for the game? I don't want to end up getting a bunch of spyware shit.

gamecopyworld.com

I thought about getting it just for this purpose but read that with the game's security features, daemon tools doesn't work. I've never used daemon tools. Does it not get past 6 year old security? R:TW isn't the newest game around.

i am not sure, but googling "rome total war daemontools" should enable you to be in about 2 seconds flat. all daemon tools does is fool windows into thinking a mounted disc image is actually a real cd/dvd drive. as long as you can obtain a bit-for-bit identical image of the game disc, it should be impossible for the game to detect that you're not, in fact, using a real dvd drive. as far as i know, but windows is shit so you never know.

on another note, does anyone at all remember this song:

it is really awesome. turkish heavy metal? what?

Last edited by a moderator: