The (Un)official write anything you want page

Facebook exists solely for people to behave in otherwise inappropriate behavior. I know. That's what I used it for. Almost exclusively.
Oh, and to get laughs out of the RCers on there, of course.

Agalloch confirmed for next Inferno festival in Norway. I think I will go, considering I can stay sleep at my brother in laws place.

obliteration, alcest, pentagram and dornenreich, too... this may be a possibility actually

I am a space pirate, you know my name
Asteroid mining is a dangerous game
Imperial navy can't keep up my pace
Chasing a rock into Zhodani space

You heard about me in the frontier wars
Psionic menace carrying alien spores
A living legend in the asteroid mines
Outvoting tariffs and imperial fines
One-thousand credits is my humble price
Whether it's nickel, iron, stone or ice
Only the wayfaring patron would dare
A merchant cruiser, a skyway corsair

It's not a mineral that I seek here
High passage, low passage
Any way I'm outta here
I was born in colonies
On fringe worlds of the galaxy
Meanwhile in Zhodani space
Imperial flagships follow me

Tried this at 200 pounds just now, and that was heavy enough at 3x5 for me (and I weigh 165 lbs) to start with, but then again after watching this here video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nRRlk6264I I think I can improve rather fast.

Just did 305 for 15 tonight! 3x5 that is, three sets of five reps. Still very pleased!

You will DEFINITELY improve ultra fast man. Just give yourself at least a day to heal between deadlift days.

My schedule is:

Workout A:
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Deadlift 3x5

Workout B:
Squat 3x5
Overhead Press 3x5
Power Clean 3x5

Alternating every other day, with the weekends off. So for example

Monday Workout A,
Tuesday off,
Wednesday Workout B,
Thursday off,
Friday Workout A,
Sat. Sun. off,
Monday Workout B,
Tuesday off,
Wednesday Workout A,
etc. etc.

Just did 305 for 15 tonight! 3x5 that is, three sets of five reps. Still very pleased!

You will DEFINITELY improve ultra fast man. Just give yourself at least a day to heal between deadlift days.

My schedule is:

Workout A:
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Deadlift 3x5

Workout B:
Squat 3x5
Overhead Press 3x5
Power Clean 3x5

Alternating every other day, with the weekends off. So for example

Monday Workout A,
Tuesday off,
Wednesday Workout B,
Thursday off,
Friday Workout A,
Sat. Sun. off,
Monday Workout B,
Tuesday off,
Wednesday Workout A,
etc. etc.
All of this is really HOW MUCH YOU BENCH!?-thread material but I can't be arsed to switch over.

230 3x5 for me yesterday, I think is is the fucking shit for my back actually as long as I don't go too fast and break something.

I only work out twice a week after the kids have fallen asleep, tuesdays and thursdays. Every now and then I cram in an extra pass or go running in the woods instead, but that's pretty rare. I alternate between shoulders/arms/chest and legs/core more or less, but I dunno what halv the stuff I do is called in swedish much less in english and I can't be arsed to look it up, but I try to stick to 3x7 or 3x10 reps for most forms to keep at least a semblance of stamina and not go all-out mega conan.

First priority is/was getting to the gym instead of finding some excuse, but that one is set in stone now so I need new goals. Benching my body weight was another one that's been reached, so I dunno where to go next. Maybe some good deadlift weight?

All of this is really HOW MUCH YOU BENCH!?-thread material but I can't be arsed to switch over.

230 3x5 for me yesterday, I think is is the fucking shit for my back actually as long as I don't go too fast and break something.

I only work out twice a week after the kids have fallen asleep, tuesdays and thursdays. Every now and then I cram in an extra pass or go running in the woods instead, but that's pretty rare. I alternate between shoulders/arms/chest and legs/core more or less, but I dunno what halv the stuff I do is called in swedish much less in english and I can't be arsed to look it up, but I try to stick to 3x7 or 3x10 reps for most forms to keep at least a semblance of stamina and not go all-out mega conan.

First priority is/was getting to the gym instead of finding some excuse, but that one is set in stone now so I need new goals. Benching my body weight was another one that's been reached, so I dunno where to go next. Maybe some good deadlift weight?

It all depends on what your goals are. For me I could give a fuck less about abs, or big biceps/'looking strong'. I only care about actually being strong, so that's how I tailor my workouts: powerlifting/weightlifting, not bodybuilding. That's nto to say bodybuilding is bad, just not interesting to me, the results sure are impressive though! Especially with your schedule, only going to the gym two times a week, maybe a powerlifting/strength training program would rule more than a bodybuilding type split ("back day, arms day, leg day, etc."). I dunno! That's just my two cents from my own outlook.

I didn't even know there was a difference between training for strength and training for big muscles because I was such a noob, but once I started Crossfit and saw the Olympic style lifts and the powerlifts I was hooked and said fuck Crossfit, researched strength training, learned a bunch, and said time to get strong as hell.

One of my favorite powerlifters:

http://www.jimwendler.com/

I'm sure you can instantly figure out why from his pictures, haha.

Here are some hints:

Jim2.jpg

Jim11.jpg

^ PRETTY CLEVER!

It all depends on what your goals are. For me I could give a fuck less about abs, or big biceps/'looking strong'. I only care about actually being strong, so that's how I tailor my workouts: powerlifting/weightlifting, not bodybuilding. That's nto to say bodybuilding is bad, just not interesting to me, the results sure are impressive though! Especially with your schedule, only going to the gym two times a week, maybe a powerlifting/strength training program would rule more than a bodybuilding type split ("back day, arms day, leg day, etc."). I dunno! That's just my two cents from my own outlook.

I didn't even know there was a difference between training for strength and training for big muscles because I was such a noob, but once I started Crossfit and saw the Olympic style lifts and the powerlifts I was hooked and said fuck Crossfit, researched strength training, learned a bunch, and said time to get strong as hell.

One of my favorite powerlifters:

http://www.jimwendler.com/

I'm sure you can instantly figure out why from his pictures, haha.

Here are some hints:

Jim2.jpg

Jim11.jpg

^ PRETTY CLEVER!
I don't think I want to be as big as that dude, I don't see a practical use for it and I don't have time and dedication for it, but some of those tips seem ace. 5/3/1 sounds great, I'll read up more on that shit and use a Hell Miked version for the next six months or so I think.

ALSO: My gym buddy/landlord/neighbour/friend (who has a badass moustache btw) held the Swedish bar dip record ten years ago with 127 or something like that. Badass! And he's 6'5" which should be about chest height on the Lurch.

You can get strong as hell and look good too. Just never abandon your core lifts like squats, deads, and bench. Incorporating isolation movements to scult your physique won't make you less strong. I think one can strike a good balance between both.

You can get strong as hell and look good too. Just never abandon your core lifts like squats, deads, and bench. Incorporating isolation movements to scult your physique won't make you less strong. I think one can strike a good balance between both.

I'm just going to concentrate on core-lifts at the moment and use accessory exercises to help build them up, than once they get to a satisfying level I'll start doing more isolation stuff mayhaps, depending. Mostly just to keep my arms at a proportionate size to the rest of my body I think.

There's something righteously fun about not looking nearly as pumped up as the bodybuilding chumps at the gym but out-lifting them. Yeah, having a strong-looking physique is cool, but if it's not functional, fuck that.