The (Un)official write anything you want page

i assume you mean "where"

the idea is somewhere outside umeå far enough that it becomes the countryside, but also not far enough that driving into town is a big deal

so something around baggböle, sörfors, sörmjöle, stöcksjö, håkmark, whatever
sounds good. shit like that is a+ economically too, if you ever need to sell your house you'll earn big bux if it's in good condition and even if you don't, the bank will be your bitch (well everyone is the bank's bitch but still, you'll easily get a loan for a brand new snowmobile every two years)

/mr motörbike

well everyone is the bank's bitch

i do not intend to be

i don't owe anyone any money yet, and i don't mean to start being in debt to anyone. i like to be a free man

i mean i'll probably have to take out a loan but i'm not buying a house until i have between 150-200 big swedish ones in the bank, so the loan is going to be small, and to be paid off as soon as possible

i do not intend to be

i don't owe anyone any money yet, and i don't mean to start being in debt to anyone. i like to be a free man

i mean i'll probably have to take out a loan but i'm not buying a house until i have between 150-200 big swedish ones in the bank, so the loan is going to be small, and to be paid off as soon as possible

yeah, I wish I wouldn't be in debt, but school here get's pretty damn expensive. Probably should start paying that off, but since I have 4.5 more years, before I have to I probably won't do much.

yeah, I wish I wouldn't be in debt, but school here get's pretty damn expensive. Probably should start paying that off, but since I have 4.5 more years, before I have to I probably won't do much.

i read an article recently that said the AVERAGE american household has around $16000 in credit card debt. on AVERAGE. only on CREDIT CARDS. how the hell does your country even function at all

I read a similar article a few days ago, but the focus was on a couple that won some organizations annual award for debt reduction. They went from like $80,000 in debt to debt-free in 3.5 years*. The article then went on to talk about stats: average of $15,000 in debt. Three credit cards per family, etc. The story makes the rounds every couple years. Given the right circumstances, I can see a family getting to that point very easily but I still find it amazing that it's the national average.

*pretty fucking remarkable because it takes the average US citizen 3 years to pay off $1000 in debt.

$80k in what kind of debt?
Man, that's alot.

I have a friend who is on that path to be debt-free. She works two jobs, lives in a really really cheap part of Kentucky, drive SHIT cars, etc. But, I started thinking about her situation, and realized, if I were in my mid-40s like she is, I might just say, "fuck it". I mean, seriously, if NO ONE else is bothering to rid themselves of debt, why should she?

$80k in what kind of debt?
Man, that's alot.

I have a friend who is on that path to be debt-free. She works two jobs, lives in a really really cheap part of Kentucky, drive SHIT cars, etc. But, I started thinking about her situation, and realized, if I were in my mid-40s like she is, I might just say, "fuck it". I mean, seriously, if NO ONE else is bothering to rid themselves of debt, why should she?

School? I could easily rack up that kind of debt if I went to a private university and then got a masters and didn't get my tuition paid entirely.

School? I could easily rack up that kind of debt if I went to a private university and then got a masters and didn't get my tuition paid entirely.

Education isn't necessarily considered debt; it's more of an investment. My MSN will pay for itself in one year......

.....in theory that is: I still owe on my BSN I completed in 2000 :lol: :Spin: :bah:

sounds good. shit like that is a+ economically too, if you ever need to sell your house you'll earn big bux if it's in good condition and even if you don't, the bank will be your bitch (well everyone is the bank's bitch but still, you'll easily get a loan for a brand new snowmobile every two years)

/mr motörbike

I hope you are joking ... as this was the mentality of everyone here for about 15-20 years prior to the mess of today.

Education isn't necessarily considered debt; it's more of an investment. My MSN will pay for itself in one year......

.....in theory that is: I still owe on my BSN I completed in 2000 :lol: :Spin: :bah:

Yeah the average pay for a PhD in ChE is high enough where I can live very comfortably and pay off all my debt in a year.... Gotta graduate first though.

there are also people who graduate with bullshit degrees from NYU for example with $100K on their head day out of school.