The unofficial "Framing Armageddon" appreciation thread...

haha, it's so true

well said :)

I dug Framing Armageddon from the start, but it truly got better with each listen, and stayed that way for quite a while. There's just something about Jon's style of playing that entrances me like no other guitarist...is it the tone, the speed, something else...all of the above? Not sure, but hey, why analyze it to death :D I was careful not to try to overbuild my expectations for this one, but now that I've heard it, I'm not going to be able to maintain that kind of understated anticipation for Pt. 2 :loco:

Thanx dude! Yeah, I love it more w/each listen to. Know the N.O.T.SR T-shirt? How it said: "A Revolution's Coming!" Well, that 'musical' Revolution is HERE! I.E. is leading the way into battle & putting Metal back where it belongs in this country!

& as far as what I said about the flack they take. Did you read all the BS in the thread about the unanncounced headliners for next year? It was titled "Final 2 headliners" or something. WTF???? Some dude said I.E. would bore him live! :OMG:

... It was titled "Final 2 headliners" or something. WTF???? Some dude said I.E. would bore him live! :OMG:

While I'd like to see Iced Earth at ProgPower or anywhere else, that "dude" has as much right to not like them as you do to like them. You might also be stunned and amazed to find that he is not alone. As a matter of fact a lot of old Barlow era IE fans hate Ripper and what IE is today.

If you're going to post on this forum, you're going to have to respect other people's opinion whether you agree with them or not. You've already been warned once, so dragging that trolling from that post into this one isn't your best idea.

While I'd like to see Iced Earth at ProgPower or anywhere else, that "dude" has as much right to not like them as you do to like them. You might also be stunned and amazed to find that he is not alone. As a matter of fact a lot of old Barlow era IE fans hate Ripper and what IE is today.

If you're going to post on this forum, you're going to have to respect other people's opinion whether you agree with them or not. You've already been warned once, so dragging that trolling from that post into this one isn't your best idea.

Well, I dunno how the fuck you know what I was & wasn't told by this site. That being said, I was merely commenting about it to someone on here who actually agreed w/what I was saying.

So, as far as telling me about how many people have diff opinions, why are you giving me shit for mine? & I don't know who you are calling a troll, but talk about being judgemental, I look nothing like one "dude"!

Well, I dunno how the fuck you know what I was & wasn't told by this site. That being said, I was merely commenting about it to someone on here who actually agreed w/what I was saying.

So, as far as telling me about how many people have diff opinions, why are you giving me shit for mine? & I don't know who you are calling a troll, but talk about being judgemental, I look nothing like one "dude"!

He's not giving you shit for liking IE, he's just pointing out that those who don't like IE have just as much right to not like them and be bitterly verbal about it, as you have the right to like them and say it in every one of your posts (though that would get annoying).

BTW, I AM a Matt Barlow era fan of I.E., I started listening to them in '99, when I 1st discovered them. I was shocked when he left & wasn't sure if I'd like them w/ANY other singer! I must say I had my doubts & didn't wanna hear 'Priest' when I listened to my fave band! But, before "The Glorious Burden" came out, I DL'd it to hear what it sounded like before buying it. & I was shocked & impressed that, while at times he sounded like well, Halford of course; but also at times he reminded me of Barlow. & yet also having his own unique sound apart from both singers.

I was blown away by that album, & was impressd even farher by the new CD, as Ripper has shown even MORE range! & far as fans hating I.E. now, & 'what they've becmome'; it was Matt's decison to leave, not the band's!

& noone ever thought singers that left major bands would ever return; (VH, Maiden, Anthrax, PRIEST!, etc.) So, who the fuck knows what may or may not happen in the future!? But, alas I STILL love this band's music & stand behind them as a loyal fan of their music & integrity! All the shit they have endured & STILL they march on! That is SOOOOOO Metal of an attitude to have! I respect ANY band that does that!

I fully support your posting your opinion. You will find that this forum would be tolerant of even your disenting opinion, provided you post it in a civil manner. However, you were "commenting" about it by calling other people's opinions "BS," as if your opinion is any more valid than their opinion. That often leads to drawing that argument from that thread into another.

Speaking of that other thread, and trolls for that matter, your posts refering to forum members "not playing attention in school," and to "go fuck a chainsaw," do make you look like one. That's why you got this:

EJC has been warned.

BTW, I AM a Matt Barlow era fan of I.E., I started listening to them in '99, when I 1st discovered them. I was shocked when he left & wasn't sure if I'd like them w/ANY other singer! I must say I had my doubts & didn't wanna hear 'Priest' when I listened to my fave band! But, before "The Glorious Burden" came out, I DL'd it to hear what it sounded like before buying it. & I was shocked & impressed that, while at times he sounded like well, Halford of course; but also at times he reminded me of Barlow. & yet also having his own unique sound apart from both singers.

I was blown away by that album, & was impressd even farher by the new CD, as Ripper has shown even MORE range! & far as fans hating I.E. now, & 'what they've becmome'; it was Matt's decison to leave, not the band's!

& noone ever thought singers that left major bands would ever return; (VH, Maiden, Anthrax, PRIEST!, etc.) So, who the fuck knows what may or may not happen in the future!? But, alas I STILL love this band's music & stand behind them as a loyal fan of their music & integrity! All the shit they have endured & STILL they march on! That is SOOOOOO Metal of an attitude to have! I respect ANY band that does that!

No argument from me there. Ripper kicks ass on both TGB and Framing Armagedon... in my opinion ;)