The Vinyl Collectors Thread

Doom said:
By the way, I got the "Where at Night..." 2 x 7" just from some Swedish distro (Metal Fortress - some of you might remember I asked about them ages ago) about 6 months ago. I don't know how the fuck they managed to get hold of a copy, since it's OOP, and it was just for the normal price too.

Yeah it's very strange indeed, I got my copy of that one from them as well :kickass:

JayKeeley said:
Doom & Spaffe - thank you. I just ordered his last copy.

Cool, he has some really neat stuff I must say, though he screwed up my last order pretty damn well: First he sent half of it (luckily it contained the Empyrium EPs) then buggered around in general and never got the other half sent, which was just as good since I learned after cancelling it that it was to contain CDs I hadn't even ordered and missing stuff I wanted. But yeah, his selections makes up for it :whore: :Spin:

He was really friendly and helpful that one time I ordered from him, so I felt a bit bad 'cause I was convinced he was gonna rip me off. I also got that Sun of the Sleepless 7" from him too, again for a reasonable price.

I can't be bothered looking back to see if you already have them, but JK, you might want to check out www.life-mailorder.de. That's where I got my Weiland and A Wintersunset DLPs from. Not sure if they still have them though, again, can't be arsed to check.

Had to pay some extortionate amount for the Songs... LP though!

Doom said:
I can't be bothered looking back to see if you already have them, but JK, you might want to check out www.life-mailorder.de. That's where I got my Weiland and A Wintersunset DLPs from. Not sure if they still have them though, again, can't be arsed to check.

Thanks - I'll check it out.

Had to pay some extortionate amount for the Songs... LP though!

I can't even find it anywhere. And typically enough, it's the one I want the most.

MajestikMøøse said:
Are you quite finished getting all the Mortiis vinyls yet? :loco:

Well, it depends what I really want, since many of those has been printed in different color-vinyls and pic-discs.

That picture has:

Vond: Håvard - Vond (ltd 1000) Malicious Records 1993
Cintecele Diavolui: The Devil's Songs 10" (ltd 500, black vinyl, inc. Dark Dungeon News Letter #2) Dark Dungeon Music Tower Ep 6 1996
Mortiis: Født til å Herske (ltd 100, gatefold, grey vinyl, re-releases improved version) Dark Dungeon Version Tower LP 1
Mortiis: Ånden Som Gjorde Opprör (ltd 175/300, 4 postcards, transparent picture, poster, gatefold) Cold Meat Industry CMI31 1995
Mortiis: I - Ferden Og Kallet 12" (2nd pressing in red vinyl, ltd 500) Dark Dungeon Music Tower EP 1 1996
Mortiis: II - En Sirkel av Kosmisk Kaos 12"(blue vinyl, insert, ltd 500) Dark Dungeon Music Tower EP 2 1996
Mortiis: III - Vandreren's Sang 12" (1st edition, black vinyl, insert, ltd 500) Dark Dungeon Music Tower Ep 3 1996
Mortiis: IV - Stjernefødt 12" (black vinyl, Dark Dungeon insert, ltd 500) Dark Dungeon Music Tower EP 4 1996
Mortiis: V - I Mørket Drømmende 12" (clear vinyl, Dark Dungeon insert, ltd 500) Dark Dungeon Music Tower EP 5 1996
Mortiis: V - I Mørket Drømmende 12" (black vinyl, ltd 500) Dark Dungeon Music Tower EP 5 1997
Vond: The Dark River (ltd 1000, gatefold) Dark Dungeon Music Tower LP5 1996
Vond: Green Eyed Demon (gatefold, ltd 1000) Extreme Subterranea CYB003LP 1997
Mortiis: Secrets of My Kingdom Book (ltd 850 copies, with golden Stargate cd, 144 pages)
Vond: Selvmord CD (1st pressing) Malicious Records MR004CD

So I still need at least these:

Mortiis: Keiser av en dimension ukjent PicLP
Vond: Selvmord LP
Fata Morgana: S/T LP (trade going on for this)
Mortiis: Crypt of the Wizard LP
Fata Morgana: Space Race 7"
Mortiis: Blood & Thunder 7"

Marksveld said:
Hey, the guy knows his shit- and anyone who knows his shit knows that MORTIIS FUCKING RULES.

Era 1 is pretty alright, era 2 is crap. Saw him live a week ago, twas quite a sight to behold to say the least.. A troll jumping around on stage throwing water at the audience, himself and the stage.

Marksveld said:
Hey, the guy knows his shit- and anyone who knows his shit knows that MORTIIS FUCKING RULES.

Have only heard Trollmannens Krypt (or Crypt of the Wizard which sounds a lot lamer ;|) which is pretty enjoyable, with some tracks being downright crappy; e.g. the ones were he's ranting somehting with a distorted voice.

Are the previous ones in the same vein and of the same quality?

spaffe said:
Have only heard Trollmannens Krypt (or Crypt of the Wizard which sounds a lot lamer ;|) which is pretty enjoyable, with some tracks being downright crappy; e.g. the ones were he's ranting somehting with a distorted voice.

Are the previous ones in the same vein and of the same quality?

Go with the 3 first albums, Crypt was the last thing I enjoyed, although Stargate is still "ok".

nice jerry good find

damn i had no idea those agalloch vinyls were getting so much, the mantle 2xLP going for as much as $158??? christ i bought that and the orange aatg vinyl when they came out, plus the nest split, i had no idea i'm sitting on a goldmine...no way i'd pay that much for them now but since i already have em i'd rather hold onto them than sell

is this an agalloch bubble or are they gonna keep this value forever??

I haven't been able to fully get into this yet, but this is beautiful. Like the Skepticism album, I think it's gonna take awhile to sink in. I've thought this album is a little slow and plodding without enough variation, but the more I've gotten into Doom, the higher my chances are of enjoying it. There is some nice experimentation here with flutes and violins, but I don't think their sound peaked until Within the Ancient Forest (which I love). This is a HEAVY record (literally and sonically) though and it came out quite early in the developing Doom/Death scene (1993).

Paramaecium Exhumed 2.jpg
Paramaecium Exhumed 5.jpg