The Vinyl Collectors Thread

I spent a few years in the 2000s buying small quantities of vinyl, especially anything related to my favourite bands of the time. However I haven't bothered for years. So I'm basically just left with have a box of vinyl (including some rarities) just sat in my old bedroom at my mother's house collecting dust. I should probably pick them up and at least stick them on a wall or something. As nice as it is, I can't see myself ever purchasing physical media again.

Reactions: Demilich
This one's quite a rarity. Original Nuclear Blast LP from 1992 (w/ 7" to fit all the songs). Great record:

Mortification - Scrolls of the Megilloth Nuclear Blast LP.jpg

These are surprisingly hard to get since the band keeps selling out every run that they do but I finally got the second album on vinyl and the first (picture disc) is on the way:

Wytch Hazel Sojourn LP.jpg

I gotta say, I really enjoy the newest Wytch Hazel album, but " II: Sojourn" is really underwhelming. This guy repeats certain vocal lines over and over and over again. It's totally fatiguing. The album just kind of lacks balls in general.

Reactions: Reign in Acai
I gotta say, I really enjoy the newest Wytch Hazel album, but " II: Sojourn" is really underwhelming. This guy repeats certain vocal lines over and over and over again. It's totally fatiguing. The album just kind of lacks balls in general.

That's what I've been saying in the tournament threads. The debut and the new one are both better. I'm probably going to nominate one of them for the next round because they deserve a better showing.

Reactions: MFJ
but " II: Sojourn" is really underwhelming. This guy repeats certain vocal lines over and over and over again. It's totally fatiguing. The album just kind of lacks balls in general.

I agree with this assessment.

Reactions: MFJ
I found some pretty cool versions of the Hammerheart Trouble re-issues on the Napalm Records webstore. They may be exclusive to them as I haven't seen these for sale anywhere else (including Hammerheart) and almost no one has them in their collection on Discogs. The Psalm 9 LP is especially cool.

Trouble - Psalm 9 Hammerheart Pink in Blue Vinyl Front.jpg

Trouble - The Skull Hammerheart Yellow in Coke Bottle Vinyl Front.jpg
Trouble - ST (1990) Hammerheart Green in Beer Vinyl Front.jpg