The Whining and Bitching Thread

^True.

I can't stand Hillary, and despite my leanings towards conservatism, I'm not a big fan of McCain. He's actually pretty liberal as far as his health care policy is concerned. I honestly believe that Obama is going to try to do the best for this country. But I have a feeling things aren't going to work out the way he has planned (if he gets elected, I mean).

I wouldn't worry about Obama and the economy. The only things he said he would change are increasing corporate accountability and taking away the tax cuts for the rich. Both good things imo

Well, tax cuts are, in theory, supposed to stimulate economic growth. But, yeah, it doesn't always work out that way. :cool: Unfortunately it is impossible to test the true effects of tax cuts because there are always other factors at play, and there is no way to tell how taxpayers will choose to spend their income.

I think taxes need to be raised, but obviously there are downsides to that. It's basically just a shitty situation. However, I definitely think Bush's initial tax cut was a mistake.

Military spending needs to be decreased. Shit like medicare, education, cops, that shit needs funding.

All I know is that at this point we are spending $5000 a second on Iraq alone (remember that we have troops stationed in tons of other countries and shit). In the time it takes you to read this post, a full year's college tuition will have been wasted.

Military spending needs to be decreased. Shit like medicare, education, cops, that shit needs funding.

No. Most of that shit needs to be eliminated except for certain circumstances (not cops or education)

Eliminate fucking pork barrel spending plzkthxbai

THIS.

What percentage of our budget is spent on defense? I know it's something fucking absurd, but I can't remember specifically.

I know that over half of the government's income comes from personal income taxes. That's about all I remember from US government

All I know is that at this point we are spending $5000 a second on Iraq alone (remember that we have troops stationed in tons of other countries and shit). In the time it takes you to read this post, a full year's college tuition will have been wasted.

5K, eh?

It is 8K a year to go to the state school here

If you're a resident. I meant if you're going to a typical private college, including room, board, and expenses.