the "why do you hate pantera" thread

Pitiless Wanderer

Jun 14, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
It seems like either people love them to death or fucking hate them with a passion.

I used to like them but moved on to much better bands. I think Phil Anselmo has his good qualities...he's really passionate about metal, which is cool, but I cant stand any of these "side projects" he does. Trying to cash in with a shitty pseudo black metal band, crappy 70's rock shit with Down and all the other crappy shit like Viking crown and Eibon etc. That's what I hate. Their fans really piss me off too. Anything Phil does or puts out they automatically love and they severly over rate him as a musician. He sings for a bunch of bands and writes really weak riffs for Down. Wow, impressive.

I like them, without loving or hating them......*watches your theory get thrown out of the window, and then hit the ground with a sickening thud....*

I don't hate them,i just think they don't have it anymore.Reinventing the Steel just did'nt have the intensity of their older stuff.Not enough guitar solo's either.

I like alot of their music but I think as a whole, they're fucking losers.
First they were glam metal, then they became this macho "Stronger than all" entity yet cancelled their Tattoo the Earth tour of Europe after 9/11.
Even Biohazard didn't cancel and they're from New York for God's sake.
Pussies.

Immortality said:
I hate Pantera because they are generic as hell.

more or less thats why i got sick of them.

btw i didnt mean you HAVE to either love or hate them, i just know a lot of people on this bulletin board really really hate thembut i cant remember who...

Hehe, with all the other great shit out there, I never really found time to listen to Pantera.

I couldn't even tell you the name of their CDs.

I know some people who think they rule, though. Eh, whatever. If I ever have time, maybe I'll go back and check out their junk.

--S

I don't exactly hate them, I just grew out of them when I discovered more and better bands.

I love Pantera. They just "do it" for me. Heheheh.

P.S. I just love the fact that they started as a glam metal band when glam metal was huge, and went unnoticed, then dropped that shit, became a bunch of beer drinking redneck metalheads playing really fucking heavy(IMO) metal, and became the second biggest metal band in the world, at a time when grunge was the big thing.

P.P.S. I actually like their cover of Planet Caravan even better than Sabbath's version:D

P.P.P.S. Anybody ever see the original cover of Far Beyond Driven? Sick shit, right there.

I cant stand Anselmo's voice,attitude,stupidity and generally dislike Pantera
I don't hate them,I just don't listen to them
But Dimebag and Vinnie are excellent musicians

i dont dig the hick thing.

and here is another reason to hate them: REINVENTING THE STEEL!!! that was awefull
~gR~