The work thread

I have an interview today at a laser tag place just outside of Philly... I'm friends with the hiring manager so I'm reasonable confident about getting the job.

Moved back until Monday. :mad:

The interview went very well. I'll hear back from the guy on Wednesday so we can work out when I'll start.

The job title for the entry level position is GAME MASTER, btw.

What does that involve?
Sounds awesome, btw.

It involves chilling in THE ZONE (big maze-y black light room where they play laser tag) during MISSIONS (games of laser tag) and telling people not to run or curse or climb on shit, etc. Also I believe they give you a remote so you can DEACTIVATE people (turn off their vest/ gun for like 15 seconds).

Sounds pretty cool. Although...is it with a strobe light? Cuz that would get fucking annoying after 10 minutes.

Nice.
Is this attached to an arcade or is it just laser tag?
And do you get to play laser with the other dudes there after hours?

Nice.
Is this attached to an arcade or is it just laser tag?
And do you get to play laser with the other dudes there after hours?

Yes and Yes.

I've actually already played after hours many times. In fact it's fair to say that I've played for free many more times than I've paid to play. As I said, my friend is the manager there. He and I work together in two Improv troupes, and we have all of our "rehearsals" there for the one, and many of them for the other, and often times we cap the evening off with a few free games.

It involves chilling in THE ZONE (big maze-y black light room where they play laser tag) during MISSIONS (games of laser tag) and telling people not to run or curse or climb on shit, etc. Also I believe they give you a remote so you can DEACTIVATE people (turn off their vest/ gun for like 15 seconds).

Nice.

Yes and Yes.

I've actually already played after hours many times. In fact it's fair to say that I've played for free many more times than I've paid to play. As I said, my friend is the manager there. He and I work together in two Improv troupes, and we have all of our "rehearsals" there for the one, and many of them for the other, and often times we cap the evening off with a few free games.
That's awesome. Laser tag is one of the greatest things ever.

Never played. I used to be on a paintball team when i was stationed at Redstone Arsenal a billion years ago. Gotta love a game where you can hunt humans.

manhunt-2-boxart.jpg