The worst dog in your collection?

henrikmain said:
The first four tracks on Grand Declariton are great. The rest are rather shitty.

I think you are being too generous!!! But, to each their own, no?

Mike out.

Life Sucks said:
Cancer - Black Faith
Pyogenisys - Sweet X-Rated Nothings
Darkthrone - Transylvanian Hunger

OK, OK, I know it is useless to argue about musical taste, but WHAT??????????

Darkthrone - Transylvanian Hunger???? One of the worst of your collection???

can't breathe....seeing stars....head spinning.....slowly losing conciousnea;lk;ns jlfnajfkbm,x.,...ask[nnnnnnnnnnoo

I have a small collection of crap:

AXIS OF PERDITION: "The Ichneumon Method" (CD)
GODFLESH: "Songs Of Love And Hate" (CD)
INTERITUS DEI: "Lonely White Idols" (tape)
JESUS JONES: "Liquidizer" (tape)
LORD WIND: "Heralds Of Fight" (tape)
LUCIFUGUM: "Invade" (CD)

I gave a lot of my less favoured stuff away a while back, and recently I've been a bit chicken and concentrated on filling my racks with the big names.

Incidentally, if anyone actually WANTS any of these, send me some trade offers. targetaansveil@yahoo.co.uk

MightyDrynwhyl said:
i rather enjoy mayhem's grand declaration of war...well anyway i usually destroy my horrible cds but the ones i still have that suck horribly are deftones-around the fur/white pony, fear factory-obsolete, and deadstar assembly-s/t(it was ok for awhile

I like GDOW as well. I also have Obsolete, and I still like that too. Haven't listened to it in ages, mind.

Hm, I love Fear Factory- Demanufacture, Soul, and Fear is the Mindkiller, are three of the best metal albums I own- in my opinion of course. Obsolete isnt the greates, but the back end of the album is much better than the beginning- and its still pretty good. Digimortal is antioher story- well it does suck. Remanufacture isnt as bad as I think you are making it to be- remember this is a metal band attempting to infuse techno, electronic.

I also have alot of respect for Grand Declaration of War, it is a step in a new direction for Mayhem- and it sounds like a war march with Hellhammer's drumming- although the voice overs, the meaningless tracks etc. i can see why many think it is awful. I am reminded of a quote by I think it was Laurence Olivier about Peter O'toole's performance of hamlet, he said to be that shockingly bad, takes genius. I think this sort of relates to Grand Declaration of war.

Wow. Glad I don't have any of these except Remanufacture. Definately FF's worst. Demanufacture and Soul Of A New Machine being their best. Anyway, Bathory's Destroyer Of Worlds is up there on the crap pile, Siebenburgen - Delictum, and I'm sure there are others in there but it takes too long to go through them. I clean house about every 6 months or so and ditch the ones that burned me. Oh yeah, I have Wolfheart by Moonspell too and like that one.

The only ones that I think suck are:
Vader - Litany: at first I thinks it was very good, but now I cant not stand it.

Dry Kill Logic- A gift from an old gf
Drowning Pool- A gift from my sister

MightyDrynwhyl said:
hmm..i think the problem with GDOW is the fact that its Mayhem, but its not Mayhem Mayhem, its different Mayhem even though Maniac was on the deathcrush cd and hellhammer has been there since then as well. ppl compare it to the old Mayhem and they go "this isnt Mayhem this is shit!" oh well

Yeah, it's not a very "kult" record but neither was Wolf's Lair Abyss. I've met people who insist that Deathcrush and DMDS aren't "true Mayhem" either. What the hell, I've heard a version of Freezing Moon with Dead singing, and Attila did it far better.

Mercyful Fate-9-Baaaad*shudders*

Grip Inc.-Solidify-Nemesis was a great cd, this one just blew, it is practically the same cd as Nemesis, but worse.

Black Label Society-1919 Eternal- everything up to this point is worth buying, but not this.

Armored Saint-A Nod To the Old School- not my type of shit I guess

Blind Guardian-A Night At The Opera- I bought this and listened to it and said "what the fuck?"

And the most obvious...Load and Reload- why did I buy these albums? I don't know why, but I haven't paid for anythning Metallica since.

It would have to be Ancient's Mad Grandiose Bloodfiends (or something like that).
I bought it when I was first getting into black metal about 5 or 6 years ago (and didn't know much about BM). Sorry if the following rant pisses anyone off, but god, that CD fucking sucked. It was, by far, the cheesiest load of crap I have ever heard.
I couldn't help but laugh when I heard whatever girl was narrating through the whole CD rant about how she "feels one with the trolls and fairies of the mystical forest as she lays under the stars gazing at eternity" or something really lame along those lines. The local used CD store didn't even want to take the CD off my hands, for shit's sake.
I ended up selling it in a garage sale for under $1.

strange that alot of records I think are very good, are ending up on peoples lists- SYL, Vader's Litany, and I kinda like 1919 eternal - not great but it has its moments. I guess I have no taste.

speed said:
strange that alot of records I think are very good, are ending up on peoples lists- SYL, Vader's Litany, and I kinda like 1919 eternal - not great but it has its moments. I guess I have no taste.

The reason I do not like this cd(1919-eternal) is because Zakk pretty much has used up his ideas at this point, I do not like the new one either, he pretty much is doing a parody of his guitar style and every time I hear a solo of his I think to myself,"Allright Zakk, I know you can do that, show me something else." I have realized that maybe he won't, so to sum up, I have heard this record, it was called Stronger Than Death, and it was a lot better the first time.

Dream theater- Scenes from a memory- songs with little structure and mindless solos everywhere. A real mistake to buy it.

I think that's the first time I heard that...and yes, it IS pointless to argue against someone's musical tastes, but I can't help myself. Simply put, "Scenes From a Memory" is a masterpiece! How could anyone argue otherwise?!!?

Anyway, I'm usually pretty cautious when it comes to buying music, but there have been a few albums that somehow slipped by me.

Blind Guardian-"A Night at the Opera": Extremely disappointing, and this is coming from a fan of theirs...they really went too far on the artsy-fartsy side this time.

Stratovarius-"Elements Pt. 1": I really can't emphasize enough how bad this horrendous thing is, just take my word for it and don't buy it!