The worst thing, ever.

Slunk

Jul 27, 2008
Silent Hill
www.youtube.com
I've been waiting years for the roundhouse tapes to come out on dvd (I have even gone as far to pass on the cd version to not spoil it), and it finally came in the mail today. Frantically tearing out the plastic exterior and tossing it aside, I rip the box open and flip past the pages to find the disk holder, with no disk. "It must have slipped out" I thought. No.... its not on the floor.
"It must be stuck somewhere in the pages" right? Nope, its not there either.

I have the urge to just go down to borders and pick another copy up, but 20 bucks is no joke as a college student. I had to cut off eating a decent lunch for about two weeks in order to get this dvd, and all I have to show for it is this empty box.

I haven't felt this teased in a long time. I'm too angry to be depressed, and too depressed to be angry.

Has this happened to anyone else? What the hell am I supposed to do in this situation? I ordered it from amazon, and I doubt they care.

I think the only way this can be sorted out is by tracking down the person who shipped it out and throw a brick through their front window.

I thought you were gunna say the DVD sucked...but yeh that's shite - contact them asap and bollock them for being stupid and make them send you another one.

For them one DVD is not much money. Of course they will give you a new one.

yeah i agree with this guy, amazon would much rather send you another dvd than lose your business forever, with the amount of money they make even if you were scamming them it wouldnt cripple them to send you a free one. worse comes to worse your stil lstuck with a shit deal

i feel your pain, this would piss me off too

well you may have lost your DVD, but i recently found i had cancer and that my girlfriend of 5 weeks is pregnant but still drinks Jager...thats bad enough already.

crackfare, hope things work out for you.

slunk, just buy another copy, if moneys tight get some other opeth fan to go ya halves ;)

i've heard of this happening. a friend of mine used to work at future shop and bought a copy of the movie Momento for herself on christmas eve. she went home that night to watch it and when she opened it up, there was no disc. she couldn't bring it back on boxing day and claim there was no dvd, so she lost a few bucks. i suggested that maybe she had already opened it and misplaced the disc minutes before and forgot. she didnt find the joke that funny.

Amazon has great service ... stop whining and contact them already! They have an entire section of their website dedicated to these kinds of issues. And if you really want to be stubborn and not contact them, then stop complaining.
I had it 2 times before that I received a book or cd from Amazon and it was damaged, they never insinuated that I caused it, they simply replaced it immediately with no extra costs involved, they even took care of the shipping costs for sending it back (which you will need to do obviously).