SepticFlesh - (Morpheus) The Dreamlord
Sanctuary - Dreams of the Incubus
Hic Iacet - Death in the Abyss of Meditation
Firetower - Dream Comes True Again*
Hexenhaus - A Temple for the Soul/The Eternal Nightmare - Act 1
Titan Force - Dreamscape

* this song ends at the 5:45 mark. No need to listen beyond that

Last edited:
Mekong Delta - Age of Agony – total schizo-thrash madness, not even in my upper half for the album but it still has so many cool ideas packed into it, bonus points for being the only song without ‘dream’ or ‘nightmare’ in the title, 10/10

Mercyful Fate – Nightmare – the only flaw is that infinite riffs are not frightening in the least, 10/10

Flotsam and Jetsam - Dreams of Death – need to dust this album off, I’ve almost forgotten this song, wasn’t quite as amazing as I used to think it was but still pretty solid, even though the bridge doesn’t really go anywhere that’s still a cool riff, 7/10

Kingsbane – Dreamscape – this was the first song I thought of submitting but on this forum it is probably about as obvious as anything, really their definitive song too but that’s not a criticism, chock full of lovely floaty melodies and with just the right level of cheese to express them, 9/10

Judas Priest - Dreamer Deceiver – easiest 10/10

Empyrium - Under Dreamskies – this was ok until the goblin vocals and bad dungeon synth accompaniment, made me laugh at parts so it wasn’t without some value, 2/10

Manilla Road - Dreams of Eschaton – after Empyrium I guess this was more listenable than usual, still a really overrated song though, extremely repetitious and tedious how many times it switches between the Angel of Death riff and the other riff despite that section being only a third of the song, some of the jamming stuff is better, 4/10

SepticFlesh - (Morpheus) The Dreamlord – I liked the fast part near the end a lot, the rest was pretty ridiculous, 4/10

Sanctuary - Dreams of the Incubus – I never listened to this song until this rerelease, awesome stuff, why can’t sexually violent death metal be this badass, 9/10

Hic Iacet - Death in the Abyss of Meditation – didn’t grab me, 4/10

Firetower - Dream Comes True Again – love those leads in between the verses and everywhere else frankly, the riffs aren’t that amazing on their own but the full package with the orcish vocals and obscure atmosphere really works for me, 9/10

Hexenhaus - A Temple for the Soul/The Eternal Nightmare - Act 1 – I hated this album for a really long time and considered it to be a massive drop between the two adjacent albums, but I revisited it recently and realized my standards were just too high at the time and I was being too much of a bitch over the dry guitar tone, it brings both the shred and the groove, 7.5/10

Titan Force – Dreamscape – it really is funny how this and the Kingsbane song were released the same year and try to do a fairly similar thing even though there are obviously some differences, in a way this one is hokier but Conklin is unfuckwithable here, 8/10

This is one of those dreams where it starts really cool and then midway through I’m literally being fucked in the ass by a zombie but then I kill it without waking up and it gets cool again.

Reactions: RadicalThrasher
Mekong Delta - Age of Agony
Decent enough for an opener. 5/10.

Mercyful Fate - Nightmare
This just isn't for me. Good melodies here and there. 4/10.

Flotsam and Jetsam - Dreams of Death
This is more like it. Menacing. 8/10.

Kingsbane - Dreamscape
Just got a little boring there. 5/10.

Judas Priest - Dreamer Deceiver
Droning and unexciting. 4/10.

Empyrium - Under Dreamskies
There's romanticism here. 9/10.

Manilla Road - Dreams of Eschaton
Has enough going on to keep it interesting during it's 12 minute tenure. 7/10.

Those vocals are devastating. The strings! Great leads too. 10/10.

Snoozefest mates. 4/10.

This is the sound we've been missing on this playlist. 10/10.

Some good energy and gritty production. 6/10.

Not quite good. 4/10.

Titan Force - Dreamscape
Tribal drumming is always a plus. But that's all it had going for it. 3/10.

Mekong Delta - Age of Agony
Great song from one of my favourite Mekong Delta albums. 9,5/10

Mercyful Fate - Nightmare
The music is OK, but I simply don't like King Diamond's high-pitched vocals. 4,5/10

Flotsam and Jetsam - Dreams of Death
Thrash Metal the way I like it from one of my favourite albums of 1988. 9/10

Kingsbane - Dreamscape
There are some nice parts here and there, but overall, this song doesn't do much for me and the last minute is totally superfluous. 6/10

Judas Priest - Dreamer Deceiver
I've never cared much about the classic/big names in tradtional metal (maybe because it was Metallica's "Ride the Lightning" and the sheer energy of the music on that album which really got me into metal in 1984) and this ballad won't change this. Nothing of interest for me in this song. 5/10

Empyrium - Under Dreamskies
As far as the music is concerned, this appeals more to me than the two previous songs, but it could have been a few minutes shorter. Because of the affected "I sound so evil" wood gnome vocals somewhere in the middle, I only rate it 5,5/10.

Manilla Road - Dreams of Eschaton
OK, but not overly impressive and several minutes too long. 6/10

The music itself doesn't do much for me and as if this wasn't enough, it features exactly those type of vocals I can't stand at all. 1/10

More to my liking than the last couple of songs. 7,5/10

This just goes on my nerves from beginning to end. 0/10

Quite enjoyable. The best parts are the guitar solos, whereas the verses are rather average. 7,5/10

I'm not too fond of the sound on the entire album, it sounds too dry to me ears. The music - also in this song - is still good, but doesn't come close to the debut album. The vocals sound a bit like on Mekong Delta's first three albums. 7,5/10

Titan Force - Dreamscape
This song does absolutely nothing for me. 3/10

A song I would have liked to see in this list is this one:

Mekong Delta - Age of Agony 5/10

Nothing to really say here.

Mercyful Fate - Nightmare 8.5/10

Hail the King. Not really my favorite off the album, but given that this is one of metal's finest moments, it's still wonderful.

Flotsam and Jetsam - Dreams of Death 6.5/10

Thrashy but I dig the vocals. Solid.

Kingsbane - Dreamscape 7.5/10

Never heard of this before. I don't usually like prog but I really enjoyed this. It wasn't a huge fucking wank fest and it had some really damn cool riffs.

Judas Priest - Dreamer Deceiver 1010

Empyrium - Under Dreamskies 7/10

I fully expected to really fucking hate this but I couldn't. Perhaps too long for it's own good though.

Manilla Road - Dreams of Eschaton 9/10

Pairing this next to an equally long song was probably not the wisest choice but who gives a fuck.

SepticFlesh - (Morpheus) The Dreamlord 5/10

Man, I never understood why people worship this band so much. I like parts of this, but the transitions are so damn jarring to me. It goes from Summoning-esque death metal to circus music. Just not my thing.

Sanctuary - Dreams of the Incubus 8/10

Wait, WTF is this? I didn't even know this existed. Fuck man, Warrel Dane sounds like a madman here. This rules.

Hic Iacet - Death in the Abyss of Meditation 7/10

This is pretty solid black metal. Nothing revolutionary or mindblowing, but good. Also, props for actually upping the bass in the mix. Fucking nasty sounding.

Firetower - Dream Comes True Again 5/10

Oh boy! Another unheard of boring thrash metal band.

Hexenhaus - A Temple for the Soul/The Eternal Nightmare - Act 1 7/10

Cool lead harmonies. Ok, yeah this is quality.

Titan Force - Dreamscape 6.5/10

I was supposed to see these guys live. Those vocals are awesome but the rest of the song doesn't do all that much for me really.