Themed Mixtape Game

Seems like a really broad theme to me unless Mort defines it differently from the common definition. Anything from paleolithic use of fire or the wheel to animal husbandry to medieval weapon crafting to mercantile caravans carrying spices or slaves to modern medicine to future dystopia AI overlord shit could fall under the umbrella imo. I'd be shocked if there isn't a Manilla Road or The Chasm song that easily fits. Pretty much anything under the tech/prog label will have relevant songs, and power metal is big on it as well. I can think of at least one song from basically all the major trad metal bands as well.

Being a black metal fan is suffering.

This is a super easy theme. Not sure how anyone could be struggling to find a song if they even like metal, unless they're only trying to submit black metal or something.

Don't submit Manilla Road. Lots of your favorite bands have songs that fit this theme, so you should be creative.

I know. The autistic robots seem to do well here. It's like technology is built into their circuits.

I bet if we did "how to have a normal conversation" they would squirm.

Do we have solid evidence that Yoda isn't autistic? I've never known a guy to have "Yoda" in his forum handle without being autistic, and his posts demonstrate a narrow, obsessive range of things he enjoys, even if those happen to be things like alcohol, Manilla Road, Seinfeld, and calling things he's bad at "autistic".

Reactions: Manic Ferocity
I know. The autistic robots seem to do well here. It's like technology is built into their circuits.

I bet if we did "how to have a normal conversation" they would squirm.

You wouldn't be able to think of a song for that theme either.

Alright, here goes.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1QymN9f0Ki_7GaHge5Wg-mQcWaLK65ly

Cyberya - Ministry of T.E.C.H.
Nuclear Assault - Technology
Amaranthe - Mechanical Illusion
Carnivore - Technophobia
Obliveon - Droidomized
Voivod - Killing Technology
Vektor - Ultimate Artificer
Destruction - Second to None
Scanner - Grapes of Fear
Queensryche - NM 156
Judas Priest - The Hellion/Electric Eye
Slough Feg - Professor's Theme
Agent Steel - Children of the Sun

Musically this is appealing. Feels futuristic. 7/10.

Standard thrash-fare, which I'm not opposed to. Vocals could use some more balls. 6/10.

Some weak sauce right here. 4/10.

Carnivore - Technophobia
Love. 10/10.

Obliveon - Droidomized
Pretty sick and will need to check this album out for sure. 9/10.

Fairly obvious choice. 5/10.

Good song from a good band. 7/10.

This lyric video is great. 3/10.

Scanner - Grapes of Fear
Not super palatable to me but has enough to keep it somewhat engaging. 5/10.

Queensryche - NM 156
Melodic and enjoyable. 6/10.

I like it better than the song in the previous playlist. Only just. 5/10.

I appreciate the guitar harmony. 5/10.

Don't think I've heard these guys before. This playlist took a shitty turn. 5/10.

Reactions: Mort Divine
Decent song, though they should have stuck with the clean vocals throughout the entire song. 6,5/10

One of the best songs on "Survive". 8/10

Nothing to write home about. The clean vocals are OK, the generic pseudo-angry vocals sound out of place. The best part was the guitar solo. 5,5/10

Carnivore - Technophobia
I like some parts of the music, but find the song overall a bit incoherent. Not really sure what to make of these lyrics. 5/10

Obliveon - Droidomized
I like this song. 8/10

One of my favourite songs from my most-played Voivod album. 9,5/10

I really like the music, but I'm not too fond of the vocals. Therefore only: 7/10

Decent, but because of rather weak chorus: 6/10

Scanner - Grapes of Fear
The video linked in this playlist was blocked in my country, but I found another clip which wasn't. Enjoyable. 7,5/10

Queensryche - NM 156
The song doesn't do much for me. The most enjoyable part was the guitar solo. 6/10

Better than the song in the previous round. 7/10

Decent. 7/10

Not the best song on "Skeptics Apocalypse", but still quite enjoyable. 8/10

I don't see the issue with that submission, but I also didn't care when you submitted "Dying Inside" by Saint Vitus. I do see an issue with Carnivore, because they've been submitted a lot and I think it's always the same person who has submitted them.