Themed Mixtape Game

I was being sarcastic...

Thanks. I already knew that because I know that you don't downrate things without cause to be a [banned word].

Since we're clearly now discussing people missing obvious things, I was neither talking to you nor even referring to what you said. I was clearly talking to EspaDa.

yeah, I submitted Saint Vitus' Dying Inside but it was so fucking long ago. the in crowd rules didn't work back then. now i would not submit such an obvious choice.

yeah, I submitted Saint Vitus' Dying Inside but it was so fucking long ago. the in crowd rules didn't work back then. now i would not submit such an obvious choice.

*looks at your pick from the last round* :whistle:

It's a well-liked song by one of the most popular metal bands of all time. As soon as I saw the theme, I knew that someone would be picking the song.

Like I said, I don't really care if people pick obvious things, but it's funny how self-righteous some of the people who do it can be about other people's songs.

How is could you consider Dreamer/Deciever to be anything but an obvious pick?! I mean I doubt very few people here aren’t familiar with Sad Wings of Destiny and it’s not as if it was some creative pick for the theme.

I've been putting this off because this list looks painful and I was less than happy with my pick

Cyberya - Ministry of T.E.C.H.
2.5/10.
Whatever the fuck this is, just no.

Nuclear Assault - Technology
5/10.
Oh look, I typed technology into the search bar at MA.

Amaranthe - Mechanical Illusion
2/10.
FOAD

Carnivore - Technophobia
1.5/10.
Carnivore has 17 unique, non instrumental songs combined throughout their full lengths. I'm pretty sure every single one has been posted in this thread. Double FOAD.

Obliveon - Droidomized
8/10.
Let these guys have their win already.

Voivod - Killing Technology
3.5/10.
Oh look, someone picked a Voivod song

Vektor - Ultimate Artificer
3/10.
Followed by a Vektor song. I am enthralled.

Destruction - Second to None
1/10.
Triple FOAD.

Scanner - Grapes of Fear
8/10.
Attempted redemption?

Queensryche - NM 156
8.5/10.
Two in a row now.

Judas Priest - The Hellion/Electric Eye
5/10.
Pretty unimaginative, again. At least it's not annoying.

Slough Feg - Professor's Theme
7/10.
Good enough/

Agent Steel - Children of the Sun
7.5/10.
Good but I just dont care about all this thrash.

tbf Obliveon is almost as obvious as Voivod and Vektor. I literally chuckled when I saw the trifecta of sci-fi prog-thrash all together.

Cyberya - Ministry of T.E.C.H.: The intro sounds like an arcade fighting game... Then idk anime opening theme song? What in the world is this? Yeah this is terrible. It doesn't really go anywhere. 2/10

Nuclear Assault - Technology: Oh thank god. I needed to hear something good after that god awful first song. Great song choice. 8/10

Amaranthe - Mechanical Illusion: Oh god. Who the hell is submitting these? I'm not sure if I can get through an entire song of this tbh. Would it be cheating if I skip this? Jeez. This band's vagina is bigger than mine. This is basically listening to Nsync with guitars. 1/10

Carnivore - Technophobia: I don't now about any of ya'll but I'm actually happy to hear Carnivore after the one before it. This isn't bad. I don't get why everyone gets upset with Carnivore. It's not the best and I do think it's kind of a random song altogether. Maybe that's just how old school hardcore Black Flag type bands are though. 5/10

Obliveon - Droidomized: Cool intro. Pretty catchy song. 7/10

Voivod - Killing Technology: I actually thought of this song, but decided to look more as I was sure it was submitted already. I would've been surprised if this didn't make it on the playlist. Look, with bands like Amaranthe and Cyberya someone needs to remind us of the classics. As someone who got into extreme metal first then had to backtrack to the classics, I appreciate these reminders. Though, I do already know this song it still rules. 9/10

Vektor - Ultimate Artificer:This is awesome. 8.5/10

Destruction - Second to None: I like this band but this track didn't do much for me. I didn't really like the lyrics. 4.5/10

Scanner - Grapes of Fear: Not bad. Very futuristic sounding. 7/10

Queensryche - NM 156: This band rules. And I love this album. 8/10

Judas Priest - The Hellion/Electric Eye: My boyfriend started singing along to this, so immediate an extra point. This song is one of those gateway Judas Priest songs. Fun song. 8/10

Slough Feg - Professor's Theme: Hefty intro for sure. This is one of my favorite albums, and even for an intro it has a lot going on. 7.5/10

Agent Steel - Children of the Sun: Those solos. Same members of Holy Terror, though I do like Holy Terror better this is still cool. 8/10

Sorry towards the end I got distracted and didn't write much. However, I was determined to get these ratings up today because during the week I don't even know my own name.

Reactions: Baroque
This is lol, it's like 80's pop masquerading as industrial/power metal, and the same level cheese too. 3.14159265/10 for uniqueness and irrationality

Lots of good thrash on this list scanning ahead. Riffs are fairly simple and the mix needs work, but the speed and energy is spot on. Love the vocals on this 8.8/10

This is like if the Cyberya song took itself too seriously and was refocused to be geared more towards arg. sqrt(2)/10.

Carnivore - Technophobia
This is pissed off and fucking weird thrash like I would mosh to in a little bar in LA somewhere. 3^2/10

Obliveon - Droidomized
These guys and Vektor are two of my favorite bands and this is their best album 20/20

Cool and great but I never liked Voivod quite as much as the other two. This was ahead of its time and could have easily been made somewhere inbetween 1989/2000

Love Vektor, this is not the absolute best song on the album though so 9.99999.../10

:rofl:/19 where :rofl:=1, this is a joke submission but i chuckled, gj

Scanner - Grapes of Fear
Don't know whether I like this or think this is cheesy, this is one of those borderline bands/songs where you have to kind of embrace the cheese to fully enjoy it. Good vibes. I'm going with the number of fingers Tony Iommi has remaining/10

Queensryche - NM 156
I am so not a Queensryche fan, seeing them back to back with Dream Theater sealed it, and then their whole mega drama with 2 Queensryches double sealed it. The number of times TechnicalBarbarity has posted in April so far/10

This was one of the first songs to get me into heavy metal. It wasn't super formative, I liked the other bands I heard more, but it was good. '82/100

So many meta GMD forum culture picks in this playlist. I'll rate it fairly. I like the mix and riffs actually. It benefits from being shorter than other songs by them I've heard. Reminds me a lot of the side project I enjoyed by these guys, what was it called again. Hammers of Misfortune? it's iight, but a couple eggs short of a dozen.

The atmosphere is a bit thrashier than iron maiden, but the vocals are objectively worse than iron maiden, even (unintentionally? hard to tell) offkey at times. The vocals hurt my ears and not in ways that are metal. golden ratio/5

Reactions: Talos of Atmora
Your post should be entirely disregarded until you make your ratings less obnoxious. Some people aren't going to be able to figure out what the hell you're talking about.

I don't need to Google it because I already know what your ratings mean. Other people who aren't as up on math or don't speak English as their first language might have a harder time understanding your post. You should just rate normally instead of trying to confuse people for no reason.

Troll ratings can be lame for a variety of reasons, and yours are no exception.

Yeah, you still seem like a douchebag because you're deliberately trying to make your ratings less transparent to people who don't know what those things mean. I'm not sure why people think that doing such things contributes to the game in a positive way. This game is slow enough without people making a special effort to annoy others by being obtuse.

3/10

While it's obviously thematic, I'm not a fan of the song.

5/10

I've never big on these guys and this seems like a lazy selection.

2/10

Awful.

Carnivore - Technophobia

3/10

Please stop submitting this band already.

Obliveon - Droidomized

8/10

Finally, something cool.

9/10

Inhuman and awesome. Perfect choice regardless of how obvious it may be.

5/10

I don't mind this band, but the dynamic range of their albums leaves much to be desired and hinders their style in a dramatic fashion.

1/10

Whoever picked this is a Pseudo-MacGyver.

Scanner - Grapes of Fear

8/10

I almost submitted a song from this album.

Queensryche - NM 156

8/10

I love Geoff Tate's vocals on this song. He captures the mood perfectly.

6/10

Fun 1980s Judas Priest song.

7/10

Slough Feg has been submitted a lot, but at least they're better than Carnivore.

8/10

A good way to close this one out.