Themed Mixtape Game

Pagan Altar
Decent vocals, boring riffs. 4/10

Carnivore

That's enough now. I only liked the first Sabbathy tune posted from these guys. This is annoying. 4/10

Sortilege

Too much wailing and unimpressive riffage. 4/10

Gorgoroth

Ok. 5/10

Saint Vitus

Undeniably good. Some really cool musical ideas going to in here. Love the varied guitar tones for different sections. 8/10

White Wizzard

Sounded promising but got gay. It's also way too long and the bass is way too loud. 5/10

Aspid

Fucking TECH THRASH! Never heard these guys. Reminds me of a mix of Destruction, early Atheist and Horrorscope era Overkill. Fucking awesome. 9.5/10

Iron Maiden

Classic Maiden 8.5/10

Skyclad

Some cool riffs in here. I like the chorus. 6.5/10

Pentagram

Cool. 7/10

Fog of War

Not bad. 6/10

Manowar

This is like credits music from a bad eighties movie. Totally awesome credits music from a totally awesome bad eighties movie that is. 8.5/10

Nyktalgia

Yawn. 3/10

Angel Witch

Pretty funny. I'd definitely jump around like a dickhead to this while pounding beers. 7/10

Dream Death

Had to search hard to find a version that would play in this country. This was ok. Good vocalist. 6/10

Dark Quarterer

Some pretty awkward musicianship going on here. I don't get all the praise. 4/10

With ratings like that for Pagan Altar and Dark Quarterer you'll never make it into the in-crowd.
Ah it's a shame.

I was surprised that he liked Cirith Ungol.
I am actually trying to break out of my comfort zone. I don't see many here doing that. Cirith Ungol genuinely impressed me. A lot of the trad/doom/prog stuff is so uninspired and badly played or both.

Pagan Altar
8.5/10
Occult

Carnivore
7/10

Sortilege
8/10

Gorgoroth
9/10

Saint Vitus
7/10

White Wizzard
6.5/10

Aspid
8/10

Iron Maiden
7/10

Skyclad
7/10

Pentagram
7.5/10

Fog of War
7.5/10

Manowar
6.5/10
Not Manowar at their best.

Nyktalgia
8/10
This needs some love, as it's probably depressed about how it's fared so far.

Angel Witch
9.5/10
Deserves an extra .5 because that's the kind of woman I'm looking for. I even filled in "you're an angel witch" on the OKCupid profile section "You should message me if _____________" (As if women initiate contact in the first place, but that's besides the point)

Dream Death
8/10

Dark Quarterer
8.5/10

Go ahead and tally em' up!

Pagan Altar

Good doom, this. 7/10.

Carnivore
Can't stop. Won't stop. 8/10.

Sortilege
Opening falsetto isn't boding well. Nope, I can't coexist with this shit. 4/10.

Gorgoroth

It's a good one off of a phenomenal album. 8/10.

Saint Vitus

I'm digging the vocals here. Nice, driving rhythm. Not much to dislike. 7/10.

White Wizzard

I'm liking that cover art! Slappin' da bass! Vox were meh. Not a bad tune. 6/10.

Aspid

Some brutality to be found here, very headbangable if I were the headbanging type. 8/10.

Iron Maiden

A respectable effort from a somewhat well-known band... 6/10.

Skyclad

This was OK but didn't really grab my attention at any point. Scratch that, cool ending, worthy of one more point. 6/10.

Pentagram

An inoffensive song, but kinda blah. 5/10.

Fog of War

Some nice leads on this one. Good effort. 7/10.

Manowar

Hard for me to get excited for this one. 5/10.

Nyktalgia

Depressive black metal isn't my favorite of the genre, but black metal is certainly my jam. Pretty nice trance inducing melodies. Vocals ain't too shabby. 7/10.

Angel Witch

Simple and good. 6/10.

Dream Death

Riffs and darkness are a good combination. 7/10.

Dark Quarterer

Opening is promising. Ooooh good vocals and guitar. The rest of the song builds up an epic atmosphere. 8/10.

Hopefully the results will be posted soon and the next theme will be announced and I won't miss out on submitting a song again.

DREAM DEATH, somebody get me out of this nightmare! Was certainly the most memorable line from this playlist for me, as well as Baroque's comment of "I'm not a fucking Angel Witch lol" haha.

Last edited:
1) Saint Vitus 8.53 (Omni)
2)
Angel Witch 8.47 (Serjeant Grumbles)
3)
Dark Quarterer 8.40 (Vegard Pompey)
4)
Dream Death 8.37 (Funerary_Doom)
5)
Pagan Altar 7.83 (Krow)
6)
Aspid 7.77 (HamburgayBoy)
7)
Sortilege 7.67 (H.P. Lovecraft)
8)
Pentagram 7.60 (Yoda)
9)
Iron Maiden 7.57 (arg)
10)
Gorgoroth 7.23 (Slayed Necros)
11)
Manowar 7.20 (Satanstoenail)
12)
Fog of War 6.47 (Baroque)
13)
Skyclad 6.13 (mort)
14)
White Wizzard 6.07 (Redstorm)
15)
Carnivore 5.73 (dwellerINTHEdark)
16)
Nyktalgia 5.30 (The_Butt)

great, another omni win--i mean, congratulations @Omni!

Sorry, guys. I had to give Scott Reagers his rightful place as the victor since Wino kept winning earlier.

I will post my theme within the next hour. I'm deciding.

Reactions: CiG