Themed Mixtape Game

Die Healing is better than Hallow's Victim in my opinion, so it's not even so much about how they performed musically in their earliest days.

Wino rules forever but I think Reagers just carried the Saint Vitus flag better, Wino was born for The Obsessed.

Anyway, Mournful Cries is one of their best albums. My two cents.

I haven't heard the reunion album, but Mournful Cries is probably their second weakest album after C.O.D. in my opinion. I still like both albums.

S/T
Die Healing
Mournful Cries
Born Too Late
Hallow' Victim
The Walking Dead
Lillie: F-65
V/C.O.D

V and COD are fine but I feel like the vocalist ain't a great fit. He's much better in Count Raven.

Did you mean to make it sound like you think Chritus sang on V just now?

Honestly think "Fear," "Planet Of Judgement" and "Shadow Of A Skeleton" stand up to the best of any of the other albums.

Last edited:
Eh looks like I jammed a couple sentences together. Fuck it, those albums are low priority Vitus to me anyway. Not even gonna correct myself.

are there many people playing this one that aren't playing the other one? if anything my non-metal round was a little more active than this has been.

This one feels a little stale tbh, same people submitting same kinds of stuff every round. Baroque, Tech, and arg downvote everything else the majority likes but in the end dont make a big enough difference to change anything, lather-rinse-repeat.

This one feels a little stale tbh, same people submitting same kinds of stuff every round. Baroque, Tech, and arg downvote everything else the majority likes but in the end dont make a big enough difference to change anything, lather-rinse-repeat.

Actually they and other contrarians are the ones with the biggest impact on the game because they're likely to give the most wildly varying scores to favorites like Vitus and Angel Witch.

it was always gonna get a little stale after a while because it's not like we're all changing our tastes overnight or something. i would definitely like to see some more diversity in terms of sub-genre though.

I have a few fringe metal songs I'd like to see this community's opinion of if the right theme shows up. My last one (Sigh) got downrated to shit though

Pagan Altar - 2
ick

Carnivore - 8
nice

Sortilege - 7
i can jam to this

Gorgoroth - 6
pretty evil

Saint Vitus - 6
i don't hate it

White Wizzard - 7
cool

Aspid - 7
alright

Iron Maiden - 9
fun stuff

Skyclad - 8
i like both the guitar tone and the vocal tone

Pentagram - 8
headbangable

Fog of War - 8
solid new wave thrash

Manowar - 8
gay

Nyktalgia - 2
opening instrumental made me think holy shit this is gonna be good. then the vocalist opened his fucking mouth. even while he is screeching like a retarded dumbass the instruments are fucking great. god damn it. what could have been a 9 is a 2.

Angel Witch - 9
very enjoyable

Dream Death - 7
solid

Dark Quarterer - 5
meh