THEOCRACY - AS THE WORLD BLEEDS

Only request I have is that if Theocracy decides to do a Japanese bonus track, they offer it as a purchasable download.

will there be a single released before the album is released? That is customary for new album releases....unless that's what wages of sin was...

^^^Right you are. We have a specific thing we are doing with releasing a single this time around. You will learn more of it either later this year or early next year.

Interesting. Could a video be in the works, I wonder? I know I read something on this forum a while back about there being some songs off the upcoming release that would make for good videos.

Does the pre-order ship to Australia?

You can pre-order on Amazon--I think they'll ship anywhere.

We will have to wait to hear the CD itself to know if it meets up to the MoS standard (which is quite high). From what I can hear it's pretty darn good. There was one or 2 tracks I'm not quite sure about... but it's a sample after all, isn't it? Some extra cool sounding ones including the last one. SOUNDED SICK!!! I can't wait!

I have to say, I think every song sounded like an instant win to me. Maybe that's just because I've been waiting SOOO LONNNG for it!

Only request I have is that if Theocracy decides to do a Japanese bonus track, they offer it as a purchasable download.

It's been a while since I was up-to-date on the logistics and legalities of the Japanese-only song issue, but I *think* they have to wait a certain amount of time before they can do that. So if you see this, it probably has to happen well down the road from the album release (as was the case with Wages of Sin).

Also, not sure if this has already been mentioned, but I believe the reason the bonus track is on the Japanese release is to promote the genre that is not very popular there, by providing incentive to buyers. If the song were to be released digitally at the release time, this would eliminate that incentive.

This is why I asked if there was a Japanese release date.
I'm happy for there to be a Japan exclusive version - as long as I can buy it too!
Otherwise I can celebrate on 21 November with the digital download and wait a year or two for the bonus track.

Also, not sure if this has already been mentioned, but I believe the reason the bonus track is on the Japanese release is to promote the genre that is not very popular there, by providing incentive to buyers. If the song were to be released digitally at the release time, this would eliminate that incentive.

No, that's not quite it. Power metal is *hugely* popular in Japan. I had a band or label person explain it to me once. You're right that it has something to do with the fact that Japanese consumers won't buy the album without the extra songs on there.

[after some Net research...]

I found this "bonus track" description on wikipedia and this sounds like what I was told by someone in the industry: "The bonus track as a marketing technique: Japan is one of the largest music markets in the world. However, domestic pressings are more expensive there than in the U.S. or Europe, so Japanese labels often arrange for additional content in the locally manufactured products in an attempt to be competitive with imports."

Basically, they can't get deals with Japanese distributors if they don't have exclusive Japanese tracks.