things you hate with a passion

And playing violin?

Hobbies by nature don't need to be/aren't productive, so I don't understand your point there. Either way, writing that on someone's receipt isn't appropriate or professional.

Of course not, but there's no law against stating your opinions and experiences regarding said game either. It's just another unproductive hobby like watching movies or shopping.

Hell, WoW is great compared to shopping. It's an incredibly low cost hobby! Buy a new PC every few years which you probably do anyway and 15$ a month?

Also, that thought made me think of this:

gap-man-woman.jpg

Oh well, I never got fired. In retrospect if I ever worked at Target again (which probably won't happen) I wouldn't do stupid shit like that, but what's done is done.

And yeah the whole point of having a hobby is that you take time off being "productive" to do something you like, though plenty of people take "hobbies" and use them as moneymakers - violinists get paid to play at events/record albums, WoW players I'm not sure but there are probably star players like DDR or Guitar Hero players, even shoppers can sometimes land jobs as personal shoppers.

My hobbies are shopping and traveling, possibly two of the most expensive pasttimes on earth, so I'm in no rational position to criticize gamers. It's really only the severe addicts that I feel sorry for/disgusted by, and Our Lord in Heaven knows I'm no stranger to addictions.

That shopping picture speaks the truth, but for going to all the mall stores like that I'd estimate it would take 4-5 hours.

And playing violin?

Hobbies by nature don't need to be/aren't productive, so I don't understand your point there. Either way, writing that on someone's receipt isn't appropriate or professional.

"Don't need to be," yes; but "aren't" I would argue with, because some people definitely entertain themselves with hobbies that can ultimately be productive.

Maybe you aren't opposed to that point at all, and if so I'm sorry for trying to start a fight.

Bitch.

Somebody's a little touchy about the WoW hate. It's not like she got all up in their face about it. WoW is obviously just a fun hobby for most people who play it, but for a disturbing number of people it fucks up their lives, and those are the people she was dealing with.

"Don't need to be," yes; but "aren't" I would argue with, because some people definitely entertain themselves with hobbies that can ultimately be productive.

Maybe you aren't opposed to that point at all, and if so I'm sorry for trying to start a fight.

Bitch.

That's why I put a slash between them, I know some are productive but many aren't.

Somebody's a little touchy about the WoW hate.

We could be talking about playing sports or anything else for all I care.

It's not like she got all up in their face about it.

It's dumb and inappropriate anyway, she admitted this. Cashiers don't get paid to be psychiatrists.

WoW is obviously just a fun hobby for most people who play it, but for a disturbing number of people it fucks up their lives, and those are the people she was dealing with.

I doubt every random stranger that ever bought a WoW-related product from her was a disturbed individual with a fucked up life.

And hey, the only reason I'm speaking up about this is because I'm the exact opposite of the kind of people you're talking about. :wave:

myself. For not waking up to my phone alarm, which was set for 9:30!!!
I eventually woke up at 2pm!!!
I love sleeping in, but I hate wasting so much time.
Im totally waking up at like 8:00am tomorrow morning.

I got paid like $8 an hour to be a cashier, I fucking WISH I got paid to be a psychiatrist too.

I hate rainy season. It's so depressing to just sit around watching and listening to it rain for over a week straight, and the clouds and fog hang low over the mountains and make everything look truly grim. Naturally it always happens in June when there is only one national holiday.