things you hate with a passion

Lol.

I have two guitars that I don't play.

I do plan on changing that but I need some other things in my life to fuck off first.

Because he says an observation about life that people can relate to so they cheer and clap and cum all over themselves?

I smiled. Alittle. But it was ruined by the fact that I fucking hated the crowd with my entire soul.

Like I said, I think a lot of what he does is subtly American-centric.

To be fair, you shouldn't be listening to the crowd when you watch or listen to stand up. A lot of that pretty much sounded like canned laughter/laugh track/etc. so I wouldn't be too harsh judging him on how they react (which to be honest is a lame way to judge comedy?).

I hate World LIterature class. We read 20 pages of The Hunchback of Notre Dame every night and spend an entire class analyzing it.

What the hell is wrong with reading 20 pages of a book and analyzing it? Have you never taken a literature class before that wasn't garbage?

Fun fact: the first college course I ever had was a world literature course. It actually wound up being one of the better classes I've ever taken. It was taught by a man named Richard Serrano, and he was rather gay, literally, in that he spoke very effeminately and in fact wore a leather beret, so, I mean, come on. We read quite an assortment of things, from The Book of Job, to Henrik Isben, to Paradise Reclaimed by Haldor Laxness, to Juana Manuella Goritti, to ancient Chinese poetry, to Rilke. In fact, I would recommend that everyone who is into literature as a form should take a world literature course if they have an opportunity.

I didn't say anything was wrong with it. I just find it mindnumbingly boring.

Maybe I'll just go ahead and KICK YOUR FUCKING ASS then. How about that? Do you want that?

Reading stuff for classes is usually fail. One of my college English classes had us read the Canterbury Tales for several critiquing essays. Not only did the book suck, you couldn't even write a bad critique or you would get nothing higher than a C because it was the teacher's favorite book or something.

Fun fact: the first college course I ever had was a world literature course. It actually wound up being one of the better classes I've ever taken. It was taught by a man named Richard Serrano, and he was rather gay, literally, in that he spoke very effeminately and in fact wore a leather beret, so, I mean, come on. We read quite an assortment of things, from The Book of Job, to Henrik Isben, to Paradise Reclaimed by Haldor Laxness, to Juana Manuella Goritti, to ancient Chinese poetry, to Rilke. In fact, I would recommend that everyone who is into literature as a form should take a world literature course if they have an opportunity.

The thing is, what's the point of the class? It's just a sandbox. It's so open-ended that you really have no idea what you're going to learn when you go into it. They might as well just call it "Reading 101". How hard is it to just select a random handful of well-known books from around the world and read them on your own?

Dakryn: Do you know the difference between a critique and a review? It goes without saying that you can't write a bad critique for something and get a good grade, since that would mean that you were doing it wrong. Critique is automatically going to contain criticism of something. I highly doubt that you were assigned to critique something but would lose points for actually doing so. However, given what you just said, I can see why you would think so.

Dakryn: Do you know the difference between a critique and a review? It goes without saying that you can't write a bad critique for something and get a good grade, since that would mean that you were doing it wrong. Critique is automatically going to contain criticism of something. I highly doubt that you were assigned to critique something but would lose points for actually doing so. However, given what you just said, I can see why you would think so.

You were allowed to critique use of style etc., but only positive opinions of the characters etc got good grades. The teacher was really biased. I got Bs on most of my papers because I wrote my opinion into the critique and it wasn't what the teacher agreed with. So for the final paper I wrote a [glowing] finale on the Yeoman (the final paper was just an essay on a character of your choice), for which I got and A. I wound up getting an A for the class.

There was a girl in the class that I had several other classes with, so got assignments for each other on sick days, or compared homework etc etc. She got As for almost all her papers, but wrote a scathing paper on the teacher's favorite character "The Wife of Bath" (which is something I had wanted to do the whole time but didn't want to risk it). She received a C and a B for the course.

Complete bullshit on top of having to read that shitty book multiple times.