things you hate with a passion

I'm thinking Ikea. Drove two hours one way to pick up one of their bookcases, got home, was putting in the wooden dowels, and blasted one right through the side just tapping the dowel in. They have good ideas and I should have expected this due to the price.

I know I could have built one myself, but I commissioned two separate people to do it over a year ago and neither have had time and I'm not going to go out and buy all the tools for it.

I like Ikea, never had that problem, and I've put together LOTS of their products. I can see it happening though, they are hardly the highest quality all the time, but the price rules. :p

I have no problem with the solidity of Ikea's furniture, just the colour...
I have somehow inherited a table of such a disgustingly bright yellow that only the colourblind could sit in my lounge without a migraine.

Right at this moment though, I hate that insipid TV guide menu music, which they also pipe out at around 3am each night when the channel's too cheap to whack on a musty old Hammer horror or some other comfortable space filler.

It completely gets inside your head. I was walking down the road a few days ago actually humming this week's Sky Guide theme tune! Urgh, it made me want to wash my mouth out! I could have had anything else worthy, like Megadeth or another fine song stuck in my head, but no, Midday Tune #2 was cavorting around in there instead.

Muzak makes me sick.

I like Ikea, never had that problem, and I've put together LOTS of their products. I can see it happening though, they are hardly the highest quality all the time, but the price rules.

Am I to take this as IKEA is cheap in Sweden? Because here in California you can get fucking gouged in the ass-goggles for a lot for a bit of their items.

I hate the police!! Those fucking pigs slammed me with a four thousand dollar bill for police response. I was in a car accident last year and they found some marijuana in my car so because of some idiotic calfornia code person under alleged influence of alcohol or drugs has to pay for police responding to a call.
The judicial system in this country is seriously fucked up, all those bastards care about is lining their pockets with money.

FUCK THE PIGS!

I hate when you're listening to music in a room and someone comes in talking on the phone and tells you to turn it off when they could talk in a bunch of other places.

I usually listen to music in my room, so that's never a problem for me.

Once in a while downstairs when I'm listening to vinyl, or cooking food.

If this is what you wanted, then you shouldn't have opened with "Oh no, you're subjected to Christian morality! Must be brutal having to follow the ten commandments
and turn away the odd Jehovah's Witness at your door" last time.

Why? It was a perfectly valid point. Whining about religious oppression when you're living in a secularized Western democracy is laughable bro. Hate to break it to you.

This bares no relevance as to whether or not Christians are capable of being annoying.

Annoying? Is that all this is about now? Oh damn it, I thought this was the 'things you hate with a passion' thread, not the 'things annoying you like people taking too long in the queue like omg!:(' :)

Are you attempting to imply that the only thing that you're permitted to be annoyed by is that which is oppressive? Nobody likes zealotry and being preached to
involuntarily. If you are incapable of understanding at this point in time how some people may find religious people annoying and sometimes even feel a degree of hatred toward them,
then this isn't even a discussion worth having. I never implied that living in the US is akin to living in Saudi Arabia, but that disqualifies nothing that there is a greater evil.

Yo, I don't attempt, I represent,
So get bent,
You're out of shape,
And prolly overweight,
So try keep it straight
When we're talkin' bout HATE
What part of this word can you not navigate?
Talkin' bout annoyance like it's of any importance?
Son you need to comprehend
Instead of trying to bend
The pure knowledge I've been filling
In this thread, it's overspillin'
And thrillin',
Technique stays illin',
So don't start feelin'
Smart, I did this part
Of my post with simple art,
But now I'm gonna depart,
And leave this verse hanging like my dick in them hoes,
Gonna go and make you feel like an ass in straight prose.

All of my anger was (perhaps intentionally) evoked by your blatantly misunderstanding a very basic and simple explanation. It's not like "I seek finality" is the only thing I said. I also said "I have no desire to live an immortal life, in whatever form. I'm not in a rush, but I would still like there to be an end. When I die, I would like to think that consciousness as I'd perceived it as the complex organism that I was no longer exists." Which makes what I had intended to get
across utterly unambiguous.

You very blatantly implied that the concepts of heaven and finality are mutually exclusive. They ain't.

And? Emotional and intuitive intelligence are intertwined with the rational mind. Reason takes priority over all things, generally.

Right, so now we're getting somewhere. We essentially agree on this point so why on earth are you separating only the rational part of the mind when it comes to god when emotional and intuitive considerations are just as valuable?
And also emotion and intution are aspects of reason I would argue.

So as long as there's no empirical evidence to support the existence of something, it's no longer an empirical matter? Should we also emotionally invest ourselves
in the belief of the existence of a flying pink dildo navigating the globe, donning a cape and bringing joy and happiness to random people at all hours of the day?
There is no empirical evidence to support the existence of god, so there is no sound basis upon which to hold such a belief. Is this clearly enough understood?

Theological matters have nothing to do with empiricism, dumbass. Your dildo analogy is inappropriately used and misguided. Is that clearly enough understood? You continue to act as if it's a scientific matter and you've solved the problem. It's not an empirical matter, never was and never will be. Get it?

What else is there? 'Kind of?' Does god kind of exist, Ink_Wirey? Just because we can't answer the question doesn't mean it's not a yes or no question. Does a bear shit
in the woods? Kind of.

Boo again. I don't mind in between yes and no, just facets of his nature, the origin, the details.

I don't care about Buddha.

Then you're a dumbass.

Intuition and deduction not entirely independent of thinking and education and an accumulation of foreknowledge based on sound reasoning and justification, as you seem
to imply. That intuition has played a role in scientific discoveries is both obvious and, as far as I can discern, irrelevant to whatever the hell it is you're trying
to say. It's just that what you are trying to imply under the basis of the validity of intuitive knowledge goes beyond what is acceptable.

What I'm trying to say is intuition is valid, simple enough. You discarded anything but scientific reason in this matter, something completely unwarranted.

Have you seriously not read The Republic? In that, Socrates distinguishes the soul into three parts; depending on your translation, the reasoning, the emotional
or spirited, and the appetitive. He says that the spirited and appetitive parts are subordinate to the reasoning part of the soul. He also bans poetry from his ideal
city because it appeals to the emotions and subverts the reason. I brought up Socrates simply to point out that the principle that the reason is predominant in mental
faculties has existed as long as modern philosophy has. In other words, you are completely wrong.

Oh, by the way, there's a bit of egg on your face.

Now this is the part
I gotta strike with art
Envisage a DJ Premier beat
And get up on ya feet,
I run the streets,
That's quite a feat
But it's time to complete
This little tangent, which I feel added
Colour to my rant, son

So these kids on the forum
It's so easy to own 'em
Ask a simple question get thrown shit at like I'm walkin' through Harlem