I love the experience of being able to change one's beliefs about oneself
I love promoting positive changes in other people
I love getting more insight in myself and others and life in general

I love solving mathematical research questions

I love the music of Anathema and Ulver - it is very close to me

DragonLady1 said:
me too ;) I also hated my maths teatcher... aye... bad memories :ill:
Mathematics is my job pretty much; I work at the university
I love to derive contradictions, showing that conjectures do not hold, intuitions are wrong, things are more complicated than anticipated, etc...

The smiling start-icon should have been at the end of my previous post
I mean, I'm not making fun of anyone who doesn't like matematics

i love the first hot day of the year, an early morning sunrise, where local farmers are cutting the grass to be stored for winter - the smell is amazing... imagine Temporary Peace with that, and i feel ultimate freedom :cry:

DragonLady1 said:
ah no problem, I didnt understand it wrong anyway, I think everyone has his talents, and mine are deffo NOT in the mathematics... ;) but its impressing me if people are really good in it :)
Yeah, I get this "impressed" reaction a lot. And as always I'm not sure how to respond. I don't want to be seen as a hyperintelligent extraterrestrial, but I can't deny my talent, can I? To me it seems the people who are "impressed" are a little too convinced they are not good at mathematics. What do you think?

Actually, I'm a physicist. I never talk about my job because it's absolutely boring for other people. I think they are impressed that one can love boring things :D

Alwin said:
Yeah, I get this "impressed" reaction a lot. And as always I'm not sure how to respond. I don't want to be seen as a hyperintelligent extraterrestrial, but I can't deny my talent, can I? To me it seems the people who are "impressed" are a little too convinced they are not good at mathematics. What do you think?

I think its quite normal to be impressed of something one can't just do or understand... as I said, everyone has his own talents, maybe there arent so many people who have the talent of maths, maybe its also the problem that even if they have it, they are not interested in using it? dunno... I was always at war with maths so maybe it's impressing to me that someone can spend his time with it as I would be totally bored of the subject... ;)

DragonLady1 said:
I think its quite normal to be impressed of something one can't just do or understand... as I said, everyone has his own talents, maybe there arent so many people who have the talent of maths, maybe its also the problem that even if they have it, they are not interested in using it? dunno... I was always at war with maths so maybe it's impressing to me that someone can spend his time with it as I would be totally bored of the subject... ;)
I think also a factor of importance is the people you spend time with. I am among mathematicians 4 days a week and see the relativity of my talent. Clearly, you have other experiences. Anyway, I love the fact that I just pointed out some mathematical errors in a not yet published paper. Looks like these guys need to do some additional work :yell: Hey, life is not always easy :p

i love slow mornings, when you can just be on your bed and dont have to rush anywhere..drink a cup of coffee with lots of milk, read a paper and just enjoy your being and cuddle your sweet little doggie who makes funny noises. thats life. and i love it.

trona said:
DSCF8.jpg

Bambi! :Spin:

DragonLady1 said:
I mean the last one of ur first post now :)

All the land photos are from New Mexico.

Crack Hitler said:
The very last pic looks something straight out of lord of the rings

That's in Nogal, new Mexico. The open plains there look just like that. Beautiful.

Strangelight said:
maths is NOT metal
Anathema ain't metal either

By the way, a lot of maths is involved in music theory and without a study of music theory bands like Emperor & Metallica cannot make the music they make (or made). So a little appreciation for maths would be in order :worship: