Things You Love

toolsofthetrade said:
what about Meshuggah? theyre like maths and metal in one

metalmathics like :D :Spin:

they fucking rule.

Indeed, Meshuggah is another good example of a band with a thorough understanding of music theory

Alwin said:
Indeed, Meshuggah is another good example of a band with a thorough understanding of music theory
Meshuggah rules. Ever listened to Andromeda???

I think Alwin you are right with that many people are too convinced about their missing ability to deal with an abstract "language" like math. Many people aren´t aware of their talents. Some of them only can do it when they are more or less relaxed (includes me). And most of them got the wrong feedback in their childhood. The basis in which way our brain is working can be described by mathematical models too, so maths is inherent and the basis for most of the things we are doing :).

Get rid of the inhibitions :tickled:!!!

Crack Hitler said:
And what's more amazing, they honestly rule live also :cool:
i was at this festival right, and it was around the scheme of Meshuggah entering the stage, but i didnt have that much awareness of time (festival intoxications eh;) ) and i heard Meshuggah play. so i said to me mates: "Hear that? they doing a introductory track off of them like, sounds that we're not too late after all..."
we were, cos they were playing already, sounded like an albumtrack ffs :Spin:

while they were doing their set, i saw just a few ppl really getting off on the music.
everyone else was listening like litterally with this face: :OMG:

:worship:

I never saw them live. They tour USA more often than europe. I wanted to travel to the Summerbreeze this year but they canceled the gig... :yell:

They are going to release a new EP next year. They said it will be more extreme than the older stuff... :headbang:

Alwin said:
Anathema ain't metal either

By the way, a lot of maths is involved in music theory and without a study of music theory bands like Emperor & Metallica cannot make the music they make (or made). So a little appreciation for maths would be in order :worship:
Right, Im gonna ask Lemmy whether maths is metal or not. He 'knows'! I cant imagine Samoth and co. playing with calculators either.

Andy_2003 said:
I love it when it starts to get dark early, this time of year when it's dark after 4pm, just has a better feel about the evening, excellent :)
i totally agree, i can't believe i missed that out of my list - you gota have music in yer ears though - and its best when you are on the train coming back from liverpool, the lights over roby/huyton look really ace (which is saying something for huyton hehe) umm, song that goes with that scene is Angelica by Lamb...
but in general id have temporary peace or are you there or inner slience (makes me cry) or ummm 2000 & Gone. thankingyou please..

Strangelight said:
Right, Im gonna ask Lemmy whether maths is metal or not. He 'knows'! I cant imagine Samoth and co. playing with calculators either.
totally unnecessary reply, but uh.... this is from the Dark Legion Archive:

Emperor

Some guys from Norway who studied a lot of music and came up with a fusion of ancient angst and modern frustrated, hopeless and nihilistic emotion, which they integrated into their primitive black metal, expanding it to an epic style of vastly creative and intelligent music.