This Website Is Awful

Parabolic said:
Do you people have any variation in your music tastes?? Or do you just like black/death metal? You're all full of shit.
There are tons of people on here that like thrash, power metal, metalcore, and traditional metal like Judas Priest and Iron Maiden. I myself bands from all of those genres as well, but I'll admit that death metal is my favorite. This is a metal board, so of course people won't be talking about hip hop and pop punk.

Let's see...

Classical
Opera
New Age
Bluegrass (SOMESOMESOME)
Neo-Folk
Musical Theater
Female Singers
Post Rock
Industrial
Hardcore
Thrash Metal
Death Metal
Black Metal
Goregrind
Grindcore
Noise

In other words.... fuck off. :D

Life Sucks said:
This is a metal board, so of course people won't be talking about hip hop and pop punk.

Well that's not true, there was some dick saying punk was more technical that metal. :tickled: And some of Hip Hop talk. You just gotta look for it.

Parabolic get over yourself, if you actually looked around you'd find all kinda shit. Maiden, Opeth, Saxon, Megadeth, Symphony X so you see there IS a wide range of metal music here. And a General Music forum, so whatz your problem

If that ain't enough, then fuck off dick.

Parabolic said:
Do you people have any variation in your music tastes?? Or do you just like black/death metal? You're all full of shit.
lol, your not worth taking seriously. I am close to loathing Black metal.

Heavy Metal
Metal
Nu metal
Rap
Classical
Soft Rock
Hard rock
Alt

Parabolic said:

awwwww *hugs* It's okay bubbs, it's okay, you'll get used to it one day, it just takes time! That's all, that's all. We all love you baby, we'll support you, so you don't have to be afraid. It's ok hon. *hugs*

Heh, this is an idiotic thread. Most people on this board are strongly anti-elitist, and most have a wide range of musical tastes. You obviously haven't browsed the board for more than 30 seconds, or perhaps you're just an idiot.

I like all kinds of music.
Here are some examples and the artists I like from the genre:

Bluegrass (Ralph Stanley, Nickel Creek, Bill Monroe)
Traditional Country (Hank Williams, Merle Haggard, Hank Williams III, Charlie Robinson, Jack Ingram)
Folk Rock (Bob Dylan, CSN&Y, Neil Young)
Punk Rock (Ramones, Rancid, AFI, Misfits, Samhain, Son of Sam, Tiger Army, Distillers, The Clash, Minor Threat, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, Bad Brains, Germs)
Reggae (Bob Marley, Some Bad Brains stuff)
R&B (Marvin Gaye, Otis Redding)

And then I like almost every kind of metal genre there is.

To be honest, I only like 3 or 4 black/death metal songs.
I don't know the names, but I can guess.

Heritance of ??? (spelling)
Master's Apprentices or Master's Apprentice
A weird song by Greencarnation
And Silhouette by Opeth

I mostly enjoy other types of metal bands.
Rammstien
Dream Theatre
Porcupine Tree (only a little)
And many others!

But... my favorite music genre is classical.
I like everything though.
Rap (2 songs) Don't hate me! They aren't mainstream, and they never were.
Pop (I listened to Michael Jackson... then he molested a kid.)
Country (1 song)
Classical (Anything by Bach, Mozart, or Beethoven... or anything played on piano.)
Techno (Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, and a few others)
Classical Rock (Scorpions!)
Anything David Bowie!!!
Anything with a beat. (and talent)

I'm done here.
Hey, you asked.

...what kind of an idiot are you Parabolic?
Is this a reaction to the Slipknot thread, where it was made clear that most of us hate them because of their music and not the fact that they are successful?

And if you have to know, I like a wide range of music....from Classical and Folk to Black and Death Metal...Im also a huge fan of the eighties Heavy Metal bands like Iron Maiden and Judas Priest...
But if you are looking for people who like Nu-Metal\Mall-core and Hip Hop, you wont find them here mate...

LuminousAether said:
For myself, I don't like death metal that much. It's all about black metal and doom metal, the most extreme forms of metal.

imo death is much more 'extreme' than black. you can argue as to which genre is thematically more extreme; satanism/paganism/nihilism vs chaos/extreme violence/misanthropy, both are pretty much disturbing, but death metal is sonically far more demanding of the listener and far more technical. black metal generally relies too much on either symphonic melodies and soundscapes or simplistic/straightforward raw feeling....neither of which are very 'extreme'.

SculptedCold said:
imo death is much more 'extreme' than black. you can argue as to which genre is thematically more extreme; satanism/paganism/nihilism vs chaos/extreme violence/misanthropy, -----------, but death metal is sonically far more demanding of the listener and far more technical. black metal generally relies too much on either symphonic melodies and soundscapes or simplistic/straightforward raw feeling....neither of which are very 'extreme'.

^^^^^^^^^^^