Thoughts on Come Clarity

J Mann said:
lol. Care to elaborate a little whilst giving us some of your opinions on the band's past efforts so we have some context for your argument?

I love their pre R2R era and i like R2R and STYE but this album is like the same thing without changing anything from their past, I think it's ok when the bands change their sound a little to progress but for me this is no progression its just new songs of the same shitt, when i say that it sucks(for being IN FLAMES) it's because they're so good songwriters and this songs are ok but nothing more ...you know?...

-I'm not one of those wanting them to write TJR part II
-I like the title song (Come Clarity)...For me sounds like the good soft song (the leads are amazing) they've been trying to write since R2R...

...At the end of the day it's not bad music at all but there's something missing and that's the way they want to sound now, so don't take too seriusly when i say it sucks it's just my opinion and yeh i rather roll a joint and listen to their old clasics jajaja...take it easy mate :headbang:

Well at first listen it doesnt sound bad at all ... it sound like the album that should have been released after clayman ... but a few years late.

MECOSARIO said:
I love their pre R2R era and i like R2R and STYE but this album is like the same thing without changing anything from their past, I think it's ok when the bands change their sound a little to progress but for me this is no progression its just new songs of the same shitt, when i say that it sucks(for being IN FLAMES) it's because they're so good songwriters and this songs are ok but nothing more ...you know?...

-I'm not one of those wanting them to write TJR part II
-I like the title song (Come Clarity)...For me sounds like the good soft song (the leads are amazing) they've been trying to write since R2R...

...At the end of the day it's not bad music at all but there's something missing and that's the way they want to sound now, so don't take too seriusly when i say it sucks it's just my opinion and yeh i rather roll a joint and listen to their old clasics jajaja...take it easy mate :headbang:

thanks, I can now understand your argument even though I don't necessarily agree with it. Cheers \m/

I thought R2R was a step in the wrong direction, STYE was shite and the forthcoming album was going to be shite. I've listened to it and while not being anything amazing, it deffinetly sounds like a step in the right direction. The lead in Dead End actually soundslike somthing stolen from Colony, which is a wonderful thing.

indian_metalhead said:
The song crawl through knives is sweet. That intro is so good times.

Isn't it just sweet?!! Why the hell couldn't they make that intro longer?! It's got such a sweet groove to the riff, I'm just digging it and then it finishes :(

The intro to Crawl Through Knives has a little hook which reminds me of a song on the last Kalmah album. It's a great song though - one of the best choruses they've ever written too.

Moonshield said:
The intro to Crawl Through Knives has a little hook which reminds me of a song on the last Kalmah album. It's a great song though - one of the best choruses they've ever written too.

this is definitely one of my favorite songs on the new album, if not number 1. its just a shame theyre so short. i wish i had more songs off Swampsong.

IN FLAMES DISCOGRAPHY TORRENT.
INCLUDES COME CLARITY.

http://www.torrentbox.com/download.php/23712/In Flames.torrent

In Flames torrent includes:
- 1993: Demo '93 [3 Tracks, Complete]
- 1994: Lunar Strain [14 Tracks, Complete]
- 1994: Subterranean [8 Tracks, Complete]
- 1995: The Jester Race [10 Tracks, Complete]
- 1997: Whoracle [12 Tracks, Complete]
- 1997: Black Ash Inheritance [EP] [4 Tracks, Complete]
- 1999: Colony [14 Tracks, Complete]
- 2000: Clayman [13 Tracks, Complete]
- 2000: The Tokyo Showdown - Live In Japan [6 of 15 Tracks]
- 2002: Reroute To Remain [15 Tracks, Complete]
- 2003: Trigger [EP] [5 Tracks, Complete]
- 2004: Soundtrack To Your Escape [13 Tracks, Complete]
- 2004: The Quiet Place [CD-SINGLE] [3 Tracks, Complete]
- 2005: Come Clarity [13 Tracks, Complete]
- 3 more demos, an unreleased Christmas track, and some live stuff.

ive got children of bodom too if anyone wants it.

Hey, that's cool but I have all those CD's already :D

The only CD's I'm missing is Tokyo Showdown DIGI-pack release, Clayman Delux edition and Colony Delux edition.

Crawl Through Knives is awesome. My two favourite tracks are Vanishing Light (I love the intro) and Crawl Through Knives (awesome chorus).