Thoughts on Come Clarity

WestHammer said:
but hardly rip roaring twin guitars like people are saying.. its very very simple compared to even clayman.

Very true. It's a real step up from STYE, but listen to any Come Clarity track alongside any Clayman track, and there's still a big difference.

Also, I will eat my words over the Come Clarity artwork, because the official site posted an image and it's completely different, haha. I still don't like it though, but the cover is hardly important.

MECOSARIO said:
Yeh the cover sucks as well as the music...

Hey then maybe you should do an album and your own cover art and well see how it sounds. Because all we hear is your " thoughts" and your " opinions" and frankly most of us dont give a rats ass anyway.

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
Hey then maybe you should do an album and your own cover art and well see how it sounds. Because all we hear is your " thoughts" and your " opinions" and frankly most of us dont give a rats ass anyway.

Naaaaah...I'm so busy with my shitt so, no, you will never hear music from myself...:loco:

...Maybe you're preparing the groundbreaking metal album of the millenium... and i'm reaaaaally waiting to hear that music so i can throw Colony and The Jester Race to the trash can...:wave:

You completely missed the point. im saying that all we ever hear from you is what sucks and what you think is crap. Yet we havent heard anything youve done, if you think you can write better music than by all means share it with the group. I on the other hand have not made any statement saying anything sucks. Therefore I have not made the impression that I could do better. Obviously because of your criticisms you are making it apparent that you yourself could do better and have done better. If you can write better music , then stop wasting your time on an internet forum mouthing another band and do so. I hate slipknot , can I write better riffs and stuff, I dont know, but I know that i could at least be mildly helpful in referncing another band that plays better music, showing that i acknowledge that I do know good msuic. All Ive seen you do is bash a band and its music without showing that you have any knowledge what so ever of a band worth listening to. See what Im saying.

Yeh I just give my opinions and since I don't write any music and I don't play any instruments (Don't know why you think I think I'm a better musician than the IF guys) I always speak of what I hear and see (about the bad cover) so your impression about me is wrong thinking that I came here to the board to say that I don't like the new IF album so the kids are going to think that I'm a better musician than PETER IWERS and that will make them mad...No I don't play any instruments myself but I know what I listen and you surely know and like what you like...I don't hate IN FLAMES I never said that.... I like'em a lot but I don't know why you think I just came here and waste my time talking shit about the band...I don't waste my time but since I heard about a new album by IN FLAMES I started to come to see what happens with this forum and know about some details (I know the easy way is to go to their homepage, but we all know that there are some internet freaks out here that give a lot info. about realeases, downloading and shit, before the OS) So I finally downladed the whole album and didn't really liked it, saw the cover and it sucks too, so next step it's put the album in the mountain of bad albums that I have and don't listen to it again until some mate want to hear it or something, It will be like a present (That's a way of recycling haha!:D ).

I've been doing this since I have internet with the old albums but the official forum closed some years ago and I thought this one would be good Wich really is:headbang:

Too much blah blah and I have to work mate and remember I've never bashed the band I just think Come Clarity (and it's cover art) sucks that's all...C'YA when a new album comes again and I'll give you my opinion of it, it's just that I don't like to be around forums when there's no new albums soon cause I know you're always talking how good they are and a lot of stuff that I don't have the time to, so just when there's new music you will see this MECOSARIO guy giving his opinion...:headbang:

I think Pacing Deaths Trail and Crawl Through Knives have the most "Clayman feel" to them. Like everytime i listen to the album, and it plays through those 2 tracks, it gives me the same sort of feeling as clayman did. Not really some of the vocals, but the actual music. the little break downs and melodies, and even alot of the rythm section. This not meaning I dont like the vocals, but they just arent the same as on clayman. I still think Anders is one of the coolest metal vocalists ever though. He has such a unique sound, as soon as you hear it, your like yep, thats Anders. its awsome. and anyone that says he sounds like jonathan davis or nu-metal in any way is a moron. I dont understand at all how he even got compared to jonathan davis, wtf, he sounds nothing like him. but i hear people saying shit like "oh he keeps sounding more and more like Jonathan"... ummm no

I think Pacing Deaths Trail is one of the coolest compositions In Flames has done. definetly not the best. but its still badass.

I read Through These forums and the cd has not even came out yet, how in the blue moon do you already know what ever song sounds like i do not understand, how in the world did you get the songs?>

Moonshield said:
Man, the more I listen to this album, the better it gets. There are some tracks on here that give me the same kind of feeling that the older albums gave me. There are a couple of tracks I'm not so keen on (Scream, mainly... a bit Slipknot-ish) but there are some truly awesome songs on this album.

No, not Slipknot-ish. This is far better and far from what Slipknot could be ever capable of doing.

Imo, after listening to the CD up and down,

Vacuum is now my newest favorite, the chrous is just amazing.

-attempts lyrics-

Vacuum Chorus

Glistening Silence (its either glistening or listening, but glistening makes much more sense)
Hear her voice
How far are we ready to change this?
Glistening Silence
Hear her voice
Before it all crumbles

wonderful song.

BoRn2RaDe said:
I read Through These forums and the cd has not even came out yet, how in the blue moon do you already know what ever song sounds like i do not understand, how in the world did you get the songs?>

Do some searching on Torrent sites..................

gamma said:
No, not Slipknot-ish. This is far better and far from what Slipknot could be ever capable of doing.

No it isn't, the chorus is just layered shouting over an uninspired powerchord riff, which is exactly what Slipknot do fairly regularly.

anonymousnick2001 said:
How about we all just screw In Flames and go listen to the new Arsis instead, huh?

How about we all just screw your mom and go listen to the new Inflames record, huh?
Then when we are done we can go listen to the new Arsis. I mean we have the time we might as well do both.

Moonshield said:
No it isn't, the chorus is just layered shouting over an uninspired powerchord riff, which is exactly what Slipknot do fairly regularly.

Yeah.... I do like some parts of the song, but that chorus annoys me so much I deleted that song off the album... horrible chorus. The only low point of the album for me...

Besides the "gothenburgish" versus and mini-guitar-leading-melodies there isn't much difference between In Flames and a gazillion other bands out there... Then again I am sure that can be said by TONS of bands.

can anyone enlighten me about the last part of this verse on Pacing Deaths Trail, i love singing along to it.... "aggression, attention, a need to be seen, directed, directed, stand in line for the SIFEL OBSCENE?"
I'm actually quite happy to say SIFEL obscene, haha, but I'd like to know what he actually says.

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:

are you 10 years old? everytime anyone says anything negative about in flames i always see you throwing a fit.