Thoughts on Come Clarity

Moonshield said:
Yuck...

NB_1309.jpg
soilwork.jpg

I'm kind of surprised that everyone seems to be wetting themselves over this album. It's hardly as if it's Colony part 2. I think I'd probably say that the album is along the same lines of the more guitar-heavy songs on Reroute to Remain. The same kind of style as Dark Signs, Minus, Drifter, Egonomic... or Watch Them Feed off Trigger. Not to be negative though, I like it. Definitely a step back towards the style I loved on their older albums. Gets a thumbs up from me.

I'm surprised it leaked so early. I wouldn't have thought promos would have been sent out yet given how far away the release date is, but obviously they have! I normally hate downloading albums, but this has happened with their last couple of albums (they leaked quite early), and if I don't just listen to it, I end up reading all about it, which ruins it. So, might as well just give it a listen.

As for the cover, I remember NB posted a similar "not final artwork" image for RTR, and the only difference between that and the final cover was that they changed "...conscious madness" to "...conscious insanity". The actual art stayed the same. If that is the cover they've designed, then they're not going to be making many changes to it, perhaps just a little tweaking.

Edit: Also, about that "faded version" comment - I can't see that on the NB site. One thing though - the NB "download shop" lists all the track times for Come Clarity, and the MP3s I have are all pretty much the same. Except the MP3 of "your bedtime story is scaring everyone", which seems to cut out at about 3mins when it's supposed to be 5mins.

Any word on there being a digipack or anything with a bonus track like when STYE came out? Because the bonus track on STYE is awesome :)

We can try to transcribe the lyrics ourselves and see how close we come to the real thing :cool:

Come Clarity lyrics:

Rushing through thirty
Getting older every day
????????Drawing Pictures
Of innocent times
Can you add color inside these lines?

CHORUS:
I want you to lead me
Take me somewhere
Don't wanna live in a dream
?????

Sure, it would change my perspective
I am certain I would change today
I am certain it would change our ways
When things fall into place

CHORUS

SOLO

CHORUS

Dead End Lyrics:

Lisa:
Save all your prayers
I think we lost today
Theres no morning after
No ones around to blame

Anders:
I'm not afraid to bleed
But I won't do it for you
?????????????????
?????????????????

So say goodbye to the world
We are the dead that walk the earth

CHORUS:
Scream your lungs out
Wait for laughter
You don't have to wait forever
Its the next disaster

Anders:
Walk the sites where you lost the war
When the first man falls
Or when they erase it all

Lisa:
We're to numb to feel
The devil starts right here
Hold your breath and swim
Swallowed by [last tear? last year?]

Anders:
??? Time for make believe
No one really seems to care
Maybe I could care less
'Cause I will die too

CHORUS

What will it take for us to realize
The more we provoke
[the winter will come twice?]

SOLO

Lisa part again

CHORUS

A few corrections for this:

Black Tears said:
Dead End Lyrics:

Lisa:
Save all your prayers
I think we lost today
Theres no morning after
No ones around to blame

Anders:
I'm not afraid to bleed
But I won't do it for you
A star among hypocrites
?????????????????

CHORUS:
Scream your lungs out
Wait for laughter
You don't have to wait forever
Its the next disaster

Anders:
What decides when you lost the war
When the first man falls
Or when they erase it all

Lisa:
We're to numb to feel
The downfall starts right here
Hold your breath and swim
Swallowed by life's tears
Anders:
In times of make believe
No one really seems to care
Maybe I could care less
'Cause I will die too

CHORUS

What will it take for us to realize
The more we provoke
[the winter will come twice?] -as much idea as you on this.... :S

SOLO

Lisa part again

CHORUS

My first attempt at Come Clarity

Reflect The Storm
-----------------

Shot for shot, let the bullets penetrate me, embrace me, tell me stories of golden gods,
A decision, in your voice, breaks the walls that I built, your eyes reach ?libid a lie?
Take a chance...

?better calm must be than this?, a dark star, spinning out of control in me, that something that doesn't reflect, a ?stark run? in me, i'll take the chance, bring me the calm
expose the dark side, awakened and emotional, expose the dark side, impossible to tear you

away, from the light of the sun, away I find what is real here.....

throw your self into the eye of chaos, infiltrate me, ?snatch up? before I wake, take off the pressure burning, try to find a beautiful place to lay these fragile bones of mine

Man, the more I listen to this album, the better it gets. There are some tracks on here that give me the same kind of feeling that the older albums gave me. There are a couple of tracks I'm not so keen on (Scream, mainly... a bit Slipknot-ish) but there are some truly awesome songs on this album.

A few corrections:
emjayhaych said:
My first attempt at Come Clarity

Reflect The Storm
-----------------

Shot for shot, let the bullets penetrate me, embrace me, tell me stories of golden gods,
Opposition in your voice, breaks the walls that I built, your eyes reach ?libid a lie?- hah sounds like "a leaping lie" but your guess is as good as mine
Take a chance...

They don't come much bigger than this, a dark star, spinning out of control in me, that something that doesn't reflect, a ?stark run? in me, i'll take the chance, bring me the calm
expose the dark side, awakened and emotional, expose the dark side, impossible to tear you

throw your self into the eye of chaos, infiltrate me, sneak up before I awake, take out the ????? burden, try to find a beautiful place to lay these fragile bones of mine

Pacing Death's Trail:

Compassion
Confession
Its all a compromise

Dedication
Domination
Please define the lines

Mutation
Innovation
[Pair up to succeed?]

Domination
Termination
[takes life and greed?]

Well surrender to nothing
Run as far as you can
While trying to hold on to what you believe in
But your heart is in a coma

Aggression
Attention
A need to be seen

Direct
And disrespected
Stand in line for the ?????

Probably not that accurate

MECOSARIO said:
JUST HEARD THE ALBUM AND IT SUCKS !

lol. Care to elaborate a little whilst giving us some of your opinions on the band's past efforts so we have some context for your argument?