'TIARA' is out now - 12/10/18!

Great news from the boys :kickass::headbang:!

"Finally! Preparing the drums for the recording..."

Today, Andreas posted a great update on Facebook!
The recordings have officially begun and, if everything goes according to plan, we'll have some new Seventh Wonder music in the Spring!

Here's his post:
"Hi Everybody!

AndreasB here checking in from the studio. Maybe you saw Stefan setting up the drums a couple of days ago, so I thought I'd drop a little longer report to let you al in on what's going on.

As you know this year will finally see the recording of a Seventh Wonder DVD, something people have been on us about for *years*.
We are thrilled to be able to bring you this, but in order to do it well, it will inevitably push back the album a little bit further. However, we decided we can't let you guys be without new music very much longer so here's the deal;
the studio is now set up for real and we started today to record new music!
The plan is also to very soon, during the spring, record and hopefully release a brand new video and release one or two tracks that we will record right now.

We hope that you will follow the progress here on Facebook as we see new material come to life and watch Stefan Norgren lay down his first proper recording behind the SW kit.

Today we were off to a flying start - but I'll let Stefan share his experience with you from his perspetive...

Thanks for tuning in and sticking by us. I believe the new tracks will be smoking and you can bet we will bring the new songs to the stage as soon as we can!

So - Bring it on!!!"

Wow, the news keeps coming :headbang: !

Here's a wonderful update from Stefan (regarding his first SW-drumrecording) as well:

"Hi folks!

Stefan checking in from the studio, as promised. So, I spent the day in recording mode yesterday. Huge fun! My kit is set up and fine tuned just the way I want it and my drum sound is killer right off the bat!

We went about this a little differently than what I'm used to, as Johan played along live as opposed to the conventional way of having a pre recorded "rough" guitar track. This gives the session a live feel which I really appreciate. I completed one song already and got started on another, which I'll finish tomorrow. Knowing the level of drumming on the previous SW releases, I'm really coming in to this well prepared... and judging by how smoothly things have run so far and how supportive the guys have been, I feel quite confident that I'll deliver!

The plan is also to shoot some footage of upcoming recordings to share with you guys. For the gear nerds (I know I am one :) ) out there I also plan to make a gear walkthrough vid of my Tama/Istanbul Mehmet setup, giving my views on the percussive "landscape" I create music with..

Thanks for all your support over these three years, friends! It has meant the world to me!

Stay tuned!
/Stefan"

Here's the first clip from the drum recordings !

[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob7td92LZO4"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob7td92LZO4[/ame]

...and there's more great news: today, Kyrrrrt has started his recordings as well :headbang:!

xctcf6.jpg

Kyrrrrt: "The keyboard work has begun..."

:)
After helping out Stefan, Andreas has begun recording his bass parts as well!

Andreas:
"Hey everybody - been spending a good number of hrs in the studio now, first helping Stefan out then finally time to break out the axe for me. Look out for a studio post with video coming later today or tomorrow!

//AndreasB"

...and here it is:

That sounds wonderful! I really love Andreas' melody!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks so much for all the updates - so loving them. It definitely ratches up the impatience for new stuff!!!! Truly looking forward to the next disc :)

Andreas already posted his second video!

Here it is:

Here's Andreas' third (and for now last) bass recording episode:

"The last little clip of the ones released from the bass sessions in studio Wonderland.
Seventh Wonder is recording some new music and here is one last glimpse of some bass being recorded before we unleash the guitars."

This is the first time since becoming a SW fan last year (thanks, Kam!) that I've gotten to experience the excitement that is the anticipation of a forthcoming album. I'm absolutely loving these little sneak-peeks!

What's happening? Is the album recordings delayed? Heard some rumours about SW focusing on the upcoming DVD, and maybe releasing a couple of songs this year, with the album not being released untill 2015...is this true?

The boys have announced some amazing news :) :kickass: !

Here's a message from Andreas regarding the new Seventh Wonder video:
"Seventh Wonder fans, we know you have been running on empty for far too long, so it is with great pleasure we finally can release some news. We have recorded a brand new music video for the recently recorded new song entitled “Inner Enemy”.
The track has been recorded in Studio Wonderland and mixed by Øyvind Voldmo Larsen of Withem. Stay tuned as we will release some behind the scene footage during the upcoming week, and the video itself will be launched shortly thereafter.

It has been four years since the video for 'Alley Cat' was shot so it feels great to finally have a new video and a new song for you people out there. We hope this will satisfy the most immediate needs and keep you alive up to the live recording of Mercy Falls. We also have some more news coming later this fall and obviously exciting plans for the next album.

In the meantime here is a first little “Hello, we are alive and well” from me and the boys and we can’t wait to show you the video and play you some new stuff!

Cheers, Andreas B.”

Good to hear, but such a shame we probably have to wait the end of the year for the whole thing