tired of people bashing In Flames

AlphaTemplar

Morgan Freeman
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
Really...if you don't like newer IF, either listen to their old stuff or check out some other melodeath groups - At The Gates, Dark Tranquility, Disarmonia Mundi, old Amorphis, The Duskfall, etc.

Hahaha. I love people that think opinions = being close-minded or elitist. It's laughable. Really. Grow the fuck up or get out of metal as a genre, because you will never find a forum or group of people that isn't at least moderately hostile.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Hahaha. I love people that think opinions = being close-minded or elitist. It's laughable. Really. Grow the fuck up or get out of metal as a genre, because you will never find a forum or group of people that isn't at least moderately hostile.

I agree with this guy, IMO. You know, IMHO. Opinion. In my own. You know, honestly.

See, saying you don't like a band or whatever is fucking fine. It's the needless bashing that gets old quick. Does someone really need to act like a little schoolgirl talking shit on someone behind their back to express their "opinion"?

We're all aware that the little thrash brigade here has no use for In Flames, but so many people go far out of their way to bash them. I mean, wouldn't you rather still be fellating the new Kreator or something? In Flames gets it worse than Metallica on this board. Now I agree that they are a pretty crappy band these days, but give it a rest. They aren't the first band to go to shit. They were the first metal band for a substantial amount of people, so at least let them have that. And their fanboy worship isn't nearly as bad as say, Opeth's.

Saying "I dislike In Flames and find their music has no redeeming value."

as opposed to posting

"DUUUUUUUUUUHHHHH U LISTEN TO N*FLAMZ YOURE HAVE NO BALLZ AND OMG THARSH RULZ GRUNT GRUNT UUUURRRGH DA KAZM AND KREEEATER ARE TEH BOMB ANSGD IFD YOU LIKE TEH N*FLAMZ YOUZE SHOULD BEEEE ANALLY DEHABILITATED WIT DA BROKEN BEER BOTTLE 666 UUURRRRRRGH!!!"

...repeatedly.

Also, saying stuff like "You should get AIDS" or "You're fucking wrong, I am right because I am GoD ;) and you deserve to die!" because someone likes a certain band instead of "Perhaps you are misinformed" is another red flag.

Yes, I made some false stabs and overexaggerated and foolish interpretations, but that's really how it's starting to appear. And not just to us, but those in other forums as well.

stefan86 said:
So where does the line go between expressing an opinion and "bashing"?
This is how I see it. Bashing is pointlessly and ignorantly saying bad shit about a band such as ______ sucks! or ______ is gay. Pointless random statements which have little to no merit. Expressing opinion can be similar but can be supported. I mean its perfectly fine to express dislike towards a band, people have different taste but I believe if someone is gonna say they dislike a band, they should also give a reason why. Thats expressing opinion

Donnie Darko said:
This is how I see it. Bashing is pointlessly and ignorantly saying bad shit about a band such as ______ sucks! or ______ is gay. Pointless random statements which have little to no merit. Expressing opinion can be similar but can be supported. I mean its perfectly fine to express dislike towards a band, people have different taste but I believe if someone is gonna say they dislike a band, they should also give a reason why. Thats expressing opinion
Another thing is that people who have been here awhile probably have already given their reasons of distaste and do not want to iterate it at every n00b who waltzes in, people who have been here pretty much know what is going on.