TOOL IS BACK!

I have to admit to being MASSIVELY underwhelmed by Vicarious. Maynard is vocally capable of so much more than this, and he just doesn't sound anywhere near as passionate as he did on their previous work.
I'm holding out hope for the album when I hear it, but I'm really disappointed with Vicarious.

To stir up things a bit...I heard the new album and to those of you wondering it was leaked a few days ago to various p2p sharing thingies.
I think the new albums sucks, not OMG this is a piece of crap but sucks comparing to the previous TOOL albums.
about Vicarious I totally agree with the guy who posted above me.

It's the same old tool but they left the whole mystical third eye/enlightment/chakra thing and made an album about "getting high"
That's not what I was waiting for, for the past 5 years but that's a matter of concept.I could take the concept if the music is awesom
It's not musically that great either...a lot of "repetetive smearing" to get the album to it's desired length and most of the musical elements I loved about tool are gone this album and I can hear them for a few seconds here and there on the album.
In conclusion it's a good album but not great,I am going to buy becuase it's too late to stop collecting tool albums and who knows,maybe I just need to listen to it a few more times to get adjusted but this never happened to me with tool before.Aenima and Lateralus were immediate jawdropperes for me from the first listen.

p.s
In comparison to of 10000 days to TGCD, Kata takes the lead with a great (cold) distance ahead of tool
any other tool album,it would be the other way around.

Did someone say that the album version of 'Vicarious' is different than the one on the net and radio? There is so much leaks and different versions of the songs on the internet, its really hard to get the real thing, some people have made instrumentals of just random tool songs, and making the riffs and drums a little different, with like distorted vocals and stuff like that, im just going to wait until it comes out!

great hostility this forum in I feel...if you excuse my yoda
why do all of you get all excited about someone saying tool is gay music?
It's his right to make an opinion...what makes him a dick is not expaining why...
all in all it's a technicle thing...he is partialy right it is gay music
but only in the songs "Prison Sex" and "Hooker with a Penis"...
otherwise there's nothing gay about it...and well "bikini bandits and maynard" says just about everything,doesn't it?

^^prison sex is about child abuse and hooker with a penis is about stupid fans calling the band ''sell-outs'',c'mon!! what he said made no fucking sense!! to reduce tool's music to ''gay'' for no reason is just stupid...and what if they are gay? in my opinion they are a heavy, sarcastic and intelligent band, if a 'tard like breeding death can't understand music with feeling he should at least show respect...there are a lot of talented homossexual/feminine-sounding artists out there

i aint play this said:
hmm, ok man, but it wasn't THAT obvious, ya must admit it...

now that I look at it, I guess you're right...it wasn't all that clear if I was sarcastic or just being a dumbass that doesn't know anything about tool.
I guess you can all disregard that post...
I'll suffice with saying the names of the songs "Prison Sex" and "Hooker with a Penis" sound gay.

and to conclude..."I've got a man part for you little buddy":headbang:
TOOL IS NOT GAY